No announcement yet.

Wilder's KD's coming late in the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilder's KD's coming late in the fight

What do you put it down to? Did Fury start to tire or get too comfortable from the 8th/9th onwards, meaning he was easier to hit?

Did Wilder work out Fury's rhythm well enough to predict, time him for both knockdowns?

Does the style matchup just mean we'd always see Fury get caught at some point, and it just happened later because the early rounds had less activity?

I remember when Abraham was undefeated and beheading opponents but there was debate on if his wild swings would be found out at the top level. One pro-AA poster pointed out how people underestimate the effect of missed punches, that AA would throw a wild right that he knew would miss, but he'd see how the opponent defended, and if they kept moving their head the same way everytime he missed the right he'd follow up with a big left hook knowing exactly where to aim it. The 9th round reminded me of that, Wilder didn't land flush but just the strategy/punch selection.

He has Fury in the corner, throws the right that Fury ducks and then a left hook to where he knows his head will be. Then he steps to the side, controls distance with his left and throws the same right that goes over the top followed by a left hook for the KD.

no wilder has a better s hot late in the fight because of furys conditioning

problem was wilder fought a bad first half of the fight. he fought way too tense and was just headhunting that wore him out.

in a rematch i would favor wilder if he fixes these problems.

Comment

Fury got too comfortable.

he had no business getting caught in the 12th round of a fight he was winning 10-1 at that stage.

Fury fought the entire fight in range of wilders right hand and made him miss like 99% of the time, he in my opinion didn't switch up enough because on the inside he was tooling wilder, and we barely saw him jab from long range.

In a rematch he will use a lot more movement, I don't think he knew how his gas tank would hold up so he approached the fight based on that.

Comment

Fatigue, so fury just doesnt move out the way as fast as he did in round 1 nor he moved the full motion he needed to out of fatigue. When you fatigue you make mistakes cause its like your body controlling you now not your mind.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
          no wilder has a better s hot late in the fight because of furys conditioning

problem was wilder fought a bad first half of the fight. he fought way too tense and was just headhunting that wore him out.

in a rematch i would favor wilder if he fixes these problems.
          at 33 years old and 41 fights, wilder is what he is.

Comment

Also not Klitschko started landing on Fury in the 12th round, so fatigue has some effect.

Comment

Fury ducked under the right. All wilder has to do is throw a left uppercut behind it in the rematch.

Comment

Simple, Wilder is sloppy and is much easier to land on a tired opponent than a fresh one. That's all there is to it.

Comment

The way Wilder throws doesn't rely on great technique or fundamentals. Crazy windmill style can generate power to the final bell. Skinny legs, skinny arms, ripped torso, literally generates his power from swinging for the fences every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
                    Fury ducked under the right. All wilder has to do is throw a left uppercut behind it in the rematch.
                    Wilder did follow with lefts and Fury rolled with them. Everything both Wilder and Fury did was so fking predictable it drove me nuts.
                    What Wilder seriously needed to do was feint. How his corner couldn't tell him this is mind boggling.

Comment

Working...
                    X