Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tim Bradley has a better resume than Ward, Calzaghe, Canelo,Cotto, and many others..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
    When Bradley had the win vs Pac, didn't that make him the best in the division too?

Bradley also fought dangerous opponents, maybe even more. We should compare these killers the others faced to Bradley. Show me who these killers are.
    Not a single ranking list even moved Bradley above Pacquaio after that fight let alone Floyd.

Comment

Bradley is best known for ducking Khan in the most public duck in recorded history where he admitted on a live radio show that Khan (who was seen as number 1 or 2 in the division at the time) was too risky a fight to take. It was a duck that was only matched by Floyd ducking Khan when Khan won the public poll and Floyd decided to fight the loser of the poll, and someone Khan had already beaten - Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
        Bradley is best known for ducking Khan in the most public duck in recorded history where he admitted on a live radio show that Khan (who was seen as number 1 or 2 in the division at the time) was too risky a fight to take. It was a duck that was only matched by Floyd ducking Khan when Khan won the public poll and Floyd decided to fight the loser of the poll, and someone Khan had already beaten - Maidana.

........and khan proved everyone right for ''ducking'' him

whats he famous for again

besides running his mouth

Comment

And across the mountains of the United Kingdoms the name echoed. Prescott.... Prescott.... Prescott............. Prescott........................... Prescott.......................................... ........

..............Julio Diaz.............

Comment

this guy

Comment

Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
              I like Bradley and the flack he got from “beating” Pac was bogus. But I still can’t look past how he ducked khan.

Better resume then
              Ward? No weither you like Ward or not the super 6 is a HOF accomplishment.
              Calzaghe? Not an expert on him.
              Canelo? If your giving him credit for the Pac win.... no the Lara and Cotto wins are just as good
              Cotto? No if same rules apply
              Not gonna agree with op but cmon man Beating pac isnt the same as smaller old battle torn cotto and Lara. Not saying pac lost that fight because he was clearly robbed but that was when pac was destroying guys in the ring.

Beating pac in his somewhat prime isn't the same as small old cotto and Lara who haven't even proved to be the man in his one division.

Comment

Originally posted by cork View Post
                Not gonna agree with op but cmon man Beating pac isnt the same as smaller old battle torn cotto and Lara. Not saying pac lost that fight because he was clearly robbed but that was when pac was destroying guys in the ring.

Beating pac in his somewhat prime isn't the same as small old cotto and Lara who haven't even proved to be the man in his one division.
                Can't swallow the pill eh, Bradley made Pac look old with his movement. Pac was old in the Bradley fight but 1 fight later he grew young against the punching bag that caught doing steroids Brandon Rios. You going to have to do than that broski.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
                  ok. now that i understand your pov, i can reply to the whole post...

his win over jmm is solid. thing is, his ww resume is basically pac.

meh on witter. i also dont give a damn where a fight is fought. it gets no extra credit from me.

devon was ''ooookkkkk....'' as well. whatever became of witter and devon

peterson is the better win than the above, imho. not an elite win, but a good one.

the rest of the names read off as a whos who of the -b level crowd, who had seen better days. he gets props for bravery vs ruslan.

i dont see how timmys resume stands up to those you have him above. he never ran anything. was never even the c side. hes a good little fighter who would fight anyone and give it his all. doesnt make him better, doe

imho

if you knew may fans were trolling, why did you mention ''may fans thought timmy won'' as if you took them seriously ?!?!? the entire world, minus cvnt ''judges'' ford and ross, saw pac clearly beating timmy. no serious may fan or UNBIASED fight fan could say with a straight face timmy won.

we will agree to disagree, as they say, regarding may vs jlc. ive also seen it multiple times and had may winning by 2 rds. close but clear. i dont give points for ineffective aggression. not saying jlc was ineffective all night. just that his pressure wasnt what detractors make it out to have been.

timmy imho, isnt underrated. the sport recognizes and respects his work/dedication as well as UNBIASED fight fans. i think hes rated fairly.
                  Bradley benefitted from being under top rank. He wouldn't dare call out Brook, Thurman, Spence, or Porter

Comment

Good thread and well argued. He's up there with the people you mentioned. I think:
                    I love Cotto, but his resume is overrated and he has a few too many Ls.
                    Canelo - Bradley has a better resume right now, but Canelo has another 10 years to catch up.
                    Calzaghe - Joe was better. His resume is very underrated, and he won without much controversy, usually getting better in the later stages.
                    Ward - it's close, but I think Tim's is better. Ward also has a ton of asterisks next to his Ws, from Kessler headbutts to kov lowblows.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
                      Bradley benefitted from being under top rank. He wouldn't dare call out Brook, Thurman, Spence, or Porter
                      timmy imho is rated just right. a solid -b level guy. he never did anything special.

Comment

Working...
                      X