Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kovalev Vs Ward purses. Is this for real?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Rather Ward and Kov get overpaid then 2 guys who don't deserve it.

dont be talking about Uncle Al's fighters like that

Comment

That Kovalev number doesn't sound right. The Ward number is, that was talked about a couple days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Krusher gettin paid! Good for him. I think both promotions look at this as something of an investment too. The winner is #1 in the sport. Whatever he does after this has a chance to be lucrative. So, don't think of this being the final payday, but a chance to showcase the first clear P4P champ since Money left.
        The winner isnt #1 in the sport. Thats the media pushing that bull**** to ******ed casuals so they buy the fight. Too many great fighters in boxing right now to be a true #1.

Comment

I don't think this gets past 500K, I hope it will but I doubt it.

Comment

Calling BS on that article. I've heard Steve Kim say Ward's guarantee with RN is $5mill, but he didn't have Kovalev's number. No way are they guaranteeing him $7mill. I figured maybe $3mill for Kovalev and that's probably including Russian/Euro tv money. And nobody at HBO would be dumb enough to project even over half a million for the ppv buys. Look at how poor these guys recent tv numbers have been. Ward had around 300k watch him on BET.

I think the ppv buys will be around 300k.

Comment

Hard to believe is what every one is saying in regard to Kovalev's purse guarantee. I have to agree competely for various reasons.

This is not a knock on Andre Ward's personality based on how he usually is and even with the PPV cut included.(whatever that % is and when Andre's % kicks in PPV sale wise is another factor because this Event is most likely not going to be a giant sale despite how awesome it is, so he may never get to see a dime of the PPV sales, Andre knows the risk involved there, I mean he has to know right? right??) I just don't see him accepting Kovalev getting the higher portion of the purse guarantee and espcially not a whole 2 million more.

I have been wrong before though, the truth will out eventually anyways
              Last edited by fragilety; 11-17-2016, 07:17 PM. Reason: Typical typo's

Comment

I think the guaranteed purses and upsides are about right but I don't think the ppv sales will go over 900k or 1 mil tbh.. Mexicans, ricans are not gonna buy much if they don't have their guy in the ring .. I'm happy to be wrong though
                kafkod - does box nation air this or sky? And I think it's not ppv for you guys right?

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                  Calling BS on that article. I've heard Steve Kim say Ward's guarantee with RN is $5mill, but he didn't have Kovalev's number. No way are they guaranteeing him $7mill. I figured maybe $3mill for Kovalev and that's probably including Russian/Euro tv money. And nobody at HBO would be dumb enough to project even over half a million for the ppv buys. Look at how poor these guys recent tv numbers have been. Ward had around 300k watch him on BET.

I think the ppv buys will be around 300k.
                  The article in the OP is from Nov 1... and there are no links to it in the media -- hence the credibility...

Comment

Originally posted by NYC8224 View Post
                    The winner isnt #1 in the sport. Thats the media pushing that bull**** to ******ed casuals so they buy the fight. Too many great fighters in boxing right now to be a true #1.
                    Actually, it's every boxing historian, writer, hardcore fan, trainer, and anyone who knows anything about the sport.
                    Only a few butthurt trolls such as yourself whose fave fighter hasn't done jack shyt have a problem with this being a battle for P4P supremacy. Go crawl back under your rock now, this weekend is gonna be rough for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      Actually, it's every boxing historian, writer, hardcore fan, trainer, and anyone who knows anything about the sport.
                      Only a few butthurt trolls such as yourself whose fave fighter hasn't done jack shyt have a problem with this being a battle for P4P supremacy. Go crawl back under your rock now, this weekend is gonna be rough for you.
                      Kovalev and Ward are good but what the **** has Ward done to be #1? I'm a troll? How? Because i dont suck dick like you do and automatically call inactive fighters #1 because they won a fight? How can someone be #1 in a sport with a million weight classes you *******

Comment

Working...
                      X