Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your most favorite decade/era of boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
    Even topping the 80s?
    Nah, the boxers in the 80s were great to watch.
    But IBF entered, adding more turmoil.
    And when also WBO got accepted, it had some of us oldtimers losing a lot of interest to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
      Nah, the boxers in the 80s were great to watch.
      But IBF entered, adding more turmoil.
      And when also WBO got accepted, it had some of us oldtimers losing a lot of interest to the game.
      I have completely given up, when it comes to keeping track of which boxer is "world" champion in what organization. It doesn't really interest me that much any more!

But that doesn't mean, that I have lost interest in the game as such. On the contrary! Today we have an enormous international talent pool, with fine boxers being "produced" in many more countries (and not just mainly in the US) than before. Usyk, Inoue, GGG, Lomachenko, Canelo, Bivol, etc... lots of very good fighters out there, which we, thanks to TV/YouTube, can all enjoy.

So, yeah… right now is a pretty good time to be a boxing fan!

Comment

Based off of my life time, I don't quite have a fave decade but a fave time period, which was from the late 90s to the middle or even latter half of the 00s. Oscar, Holyfield, Pacquiao, Barrera, Morales, Naz....so many great fighters and great fights.

Comment

80's, a who's who in terms of legends.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing56 View Post
            80's, a who's who in terms of legends.
            My kind of boxing fan.

Comment

Working...
            X