Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damn, Chino Maidana vs Floyd was an underrated fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn, Chino Maidana vs Floyd was an underrated fight!

I was re-watching this fight on my lunch break and I have to say, dang this was a fun fight to watch. Chinos a mad man and damn Floyd is tough. Props to Weeks too, great ref! If your arm(s) free, punch a way!!

With that said, do you think the second fight would've been different if Weeks were the ref again?

Yeah it was insane, Chino had no respect for Mayweather, always a live dog in his fights. Floyd must've been pissing blood for a wee while. Really good style match up too, though it looked a mismatch on paper.

Comment

' owww he bitt meee ' shrieks floyd

Comment

Yea it was a great fight. Floyd fights back if you put pressure on him. That's why I thought the May/pac fight would live up to hype because I thought manny would put crazy pressure on Floyd and Floyd would surely respond.( not trying to derail thread)

But yes maidana came out like a mad man possessed.

Comment

Originally posted by The tucker View Post
          Yea it was a great fight. Floyd fights back if you put pressure on him. That's why I thought the May/pac fight would live up to hype because I thought manny would put crazy pressure on Floyd and Floyd would surely respond.( not trying to derail thread)

But yes maidana came out like a mad man possessed.
          Yeah man, I agree, Floyd fought back mean too lol everytime they threw, they had "**** u b1tch" written all over it. lol!

Comment

It was an ok fight. Basically a very primitive fighter swinging wildly at another fighter who doesn't like volume.

it was nowhere near as good as the physical battles we have seen in this sport. Just this year we've had about 2 or 3 fights that are levels above that.

The circumstances in which the fight was made was a disgrace.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              It was an ok fight. Basically a very primitive fighter swinging wildly at another fighter who doesn't like volume.

it was nowhere near as good as the physical battles we have seen in this sport. Just this year we've had about 2 or 3 fights that are levels above that.

The circumstances in which the fight was made was a disgrace.
              Exactly. I liked Maidana's spirit, but the punches just clanked everywhere wildly and meaninglessly.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
                Exactly. I liked Maidana's spirit, but the punches just clanked everywhere wildly and meaninglessly.
                Clanked everywhere I agree but I highly doubt meaninglessly lol the looks on their face were priceless. Besides, I think it was just fun to watch really, Im not saying it was a masterpeice by either man, just a crazy pace and underrated meaning just that.

Comment

Yeah, it was a cool fight, largely because Maidana really seriously tried to beat the crap out of Floyd. He meant business. Floyd hadn't seen that kind of opponent in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                    I was re-watching this fight on my lunch break and I have to say, dang this was a fun fight to watch. Chinos a mad man and damn Floyd is tough. Props to Weeks too, great ref! If your arm(s) free, punch a way!!

With that said, do you think the second fight would've been different if Weeks were the ref again?
                    Yes, Maidana would have knocked him out cold.

Mayweather likely faked or exaggerated the hand bite. I mean, come on how can you bite through padded boxing gloves with a mouth piece? He was stalling because he was rocked by two Maidana hooks.

The video is right here proving it.

Comment

Working...
                    X