No announcement yet.

first fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first fight

i know the answer to this can come in all shapes and sizes but when would you expect someone to have there first fight. People in here how long did you train for till you had your first fight???

it all depends on when your ready, some people may take years before their first fight and others just a few months. Do you spar alot?

Comment

If you're fit already when you go it and show promise it will only take about 3 months.

Comment

About 2 months.

Comment

Tbf it really depends how ready you feel and whether your trainer thinks your set to go. But anything above 2 months is advisable and consider your shape, your knowledge and confidence. Put nerves aside and focus on what you've been taught and focus cos your first fight will say a lot about you as a fighter.

Anyways matey good luck whenever you do fight
          let us know how you get along, yeah?

Comment

For me i waited two and a half years.

Comment

to be fair i dont think i will get a fight that soon. Ive been goin 2 months and sparred twice (thats 2 1 hour sessions a week) problem is the gym i go to gets really busy. We have around 26 training and about 8 of them are boxers who fight so its fairly hard to get individual training considering there are only 4 trainers there. Both time ive sparred ive done well against people of similar ability but the individual coach who watched me sparred both times hasnt been at training for 3 weeks dunno why!!!??? Leaves me a **** situation though. I dont think im anywhere near ready for a fight but would like to spar more regular but i also understand that the coaches have to concentrate on the fighters with fights coming up. two of the best boxers in my gym have been goin for only 2 years and one of them has had 4 fights and the other has had 7 and won the national novice title at welterweight so maybe at my gym it just takes time!!!

Comment

a little more than two months

Comment

Well 2 months is a little ridiculous... I have always and would school pretty much anyone who's only boxed for 2 months (assuming prior to the 2 months they knew nothing) 2 months just isn't enough to properly develop any sort of fundamentals that are going to stay with you once you jump in the ring and get hit. Now i think 2 months is fine if you're in good shape and have shadowboxed for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Meat View Post
                    Well 2 months is a little ridiculous... I have always and would school pretty much anyone who's only boxed for 2 months (assuming prior to the 2 months they knew nothing) 2 months just isn't enough to properly develop any sort of fundamentals that are going to stay with you once you jump in the ring and get hit. Now i think 2 months is fine if you're in good shape and have shadowboxed for a long time.
                    It's a relative to who you are fighting. You can shadow box all you want, hit the heavy bag all you want but none of that will really prepare you for your first fight. All the nerves come out your first fight and a lot of your training you forget. It's best to just get in the ring and fight as soon as you are in enough shape to do so and you have a well matched opponent. You would beat someone with only 2 months experience? How much experience do you have to make that claim?

Comment

Working...
                    X