No announcement yet.

US Set to Borrow Almost Twice as Much as Last Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Set to Borrow Almost Twice as Much as Last Year

The federal government is on track to borrow some $955 billion this fiscal year, the first one in which President Donald Trump is fully in charge of the budget, The Washington Post has reported.

This is nearly double the $519 billion the government borrowed the previous fiscal year and is the highest amount of borrowing in six years.

This is also the first time borrowing has increased this much as a share of GDP in a period of non-recession since the Reagan administration, Evercore ISI head of fiscal analysis Ernie Tedeschi told the Post.

The Congressional Budget Office this past week said the government will most likely run out of cash in the first half of March, earlier than what had been expected, due to less revenue coming in following the Republican tax cut law enacted in December, according to The Hill.

Both parties are to blame for adding to the debt, Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget senior policy director Marc Goldwein told the Post, with the latest example being the GOP tax legislation. The law is expected to bolster the debt by some $1 trillion, even accounting for economic growth, according to nonpartisan analysis from the Joint Committee on Taxation.

The Trump administration forecasts borrowing more than $1 trillion next year and over $1.1 trillion in 2020, even though he campaigned on reducing the national debt.

Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin has been pressing congressmen to increase the debt ceiling as soon as possible, according to The Hill, and lawmakers also need to pass a funding bill before February 9 in order to keep the government open

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/841361/16

Analysis Mooshashi?
    Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 02-05-2018, 09:52 AM.

Will Ted Cruz filibuster this budget? I think not, since it will originate with a Republican President.

Hypocritical Kunt.

Comment

Can you direct us to ANY posts of you complaining about spending while Obama was President?

You can't, can you.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        This is nearly double the $519 billion the government borrowed the previous fiscal year and is the highest amount of borrowing in six years.
        So Obama still borrowed even more during one of his years.

And not one damn word from you D superfans when it happened.

Absolutely pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          Can you direct us to ANY posts of you complaining about spending while Obama was President?

You can't, can you.
          Direct me to my posts complaining about spending while Trump is President.

Comment

So Obama still borrowed even more during one of his years.

And not one damn word from you D superfans when it happened.

Absolutely pathetic.
            When you press "O" on your phone is the first word that pops up "Obama"?

Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 02-05-2018, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Direct me to my posts complaining about spending while Trump is President.
              This one right here you stupid idiot!!!!

So it's safe to say you didn't say one damn word when Obama was almost doubling our debt, correct?

Comment

When you press "O" on your phone is the first word that pops up "Obama"?
                No, I was pointing out you're complaining about yearly borrowing, though in one of his years Obama borrowed even more and you did not complain.

I'm pointing out your superfan hypocrisy.

Please keep up.

Maybe stop being a blind superfan and you wouldn't have to embarrass yourself with these blatant double standards.

Comment

This one right here you stupid idiot!!!!

So it's safe to say you didn't say one damn word when Obama was almost doubling our debt, correct?
                  What am I complaining about in this topic? I simply posted a topic and asked Mooshashi for his analysis. Then I edited with that tweet from Sykes because I remembered when he said it and it's funny. So tell me what I'm complaining about please.

Comment

What am I complaining about in this topic? I simply posted a topic and asked Mooshashi for his analysis. Then I edited with that tweet from Sykes because I remembered when he said it and it's funny. So tell me what I'm complaining about please.
                    Don't act stupid.

But if you must, show me any thread you started asking folks for analysis about spending while Obama was President....

You cant, and we all know it.

You're cheerleading. We all can see it. At least just admit it.

Comment

Working...
                    X