Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any recommendations on a lasting speed bag?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any recommendations on a lasting speed bag?

Ive gone through like 6 in the past 3 years. My last 1 was a Ringside brand that lasted about 9 months. It seems like every1 gets a pin sized hole in it and I don't understand how. Is this normal? My speedbag is outside but I live in southern Ca so I doubt the weather is a factor.

Anyways, what brand last, if any?

Buy Reyes expensive but will last

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
      Yeah I seen their like $90 on Amazon which isn't bad considering Ive spent much more over the last couple of years. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post

I got some Reyes bag gloves a month or so ago and am way glad I did. Everything about them is way better than the Title ones I had right before that.

Comment

They all leak, so either inflate regularly and be ready to replace every so often, or just buy a lot of cheap bags.
          I have a couple of Cletos. I don't leave them in the garage because the heat and dry weather will ruin them. If you can bring them in, that's preferred. I use a pipe cleaner instead of a lock pin so that it's easy to take them off the stand.

Check prices at Title and Ringside regularly as they had better prices than Amazon when I bought mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
            Ive gone through like 6 in the past 3 years. My last 1 was a Ringside brand that lasted about 9 months. It seems like every1 gets a pin sized hole in it and I don't understand how. Is this normal? My speedbag is outside but I live in southern Ca so I doubt the weather is a factor.

Anyways, what brand last, if any?
            Are installing them correctly?

Comment

I am also interested in this thread, I live in San Diego and was thinking about putting one up outside under my car port but had the same worries.

Comment

Originally posted by scbb View Post
                I am also interested in this thread, I live in San Diego and was thinking about putting one up outside under my car port but had the same worries.
                Just take it in when you're not using it.

Comment

it's super dry out there. my guess is that the rubber is drying out. make sure you have it filled properly, out of direct sunlight, etc.

i have used / owned grant, everlast, and title. grant is still pretty high quality from what i see, everlast can be very hit or miss but back int he day they made tremendous bags and gloves. title is bargain brand from my experience. i have title glvoes that might as well be different sizes they are so badly sewn. i used to go through bags all the time.

you can remove the rubber bladder and replace it, there is no reason to buy a new bag. if you use it every day and leave it outside youre going to go through the bladders.
                  Last edited by New England; 11-30-2018, 01:44 PM.

Comment

I recommend these for the price

https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Impact-Ge...web_3039248011

Comment

Working...
                    X