No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Porter: Thurman Wants Rematch, Negotiations Have Begun

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    So are you saying that WBC Mauricio Sulaiman is lying when he says that Porter has to fight at least two mandatory challengers first; Thurman and Berto, before he could even so remotely entertain the idea of fighting a voluntary defense in Erroll Spence, Jr? if Porter fights Spence next, he will be stripped of his WBC title.
    Yes he’s lying. They made an exception for postol but won’t for Porter? That makes no sense.

Comment

It’s a good fight but his other tune up being Berto come on that’s B.S . Berto is wack does PBC pay off this division.

Comment

If Spence/Mikey fight falls apart how can you not feel bad for Spence? In a bubble I don't mind seeing Thurman/Porter again that fight was razor tight and a lot of people thought Thurman lost especially the fans are barclays that booed the decision. Porter beat Danny Garcia so running back the Thurman fight makes some sense. But we don't live in a bubble and fans are getting upset with everyone avoiding Spence. More fans want to see Thurman/Spence before they want to see Thurman/Porter again. Hell I think more fans would rather see Porter/Spence. Fans just want to see Spence get his crack against one of these top guys. If he get's Mikey then it's all good. But if Mikey fight don't get made and Spence is stuck fighting a bytch azzz Luis Collazo type opponent it takes away the importance and excitement of Thurman/Porter.

Comment

we need a get back fight first champ, then we ready to send you to the hospital again. nah just messing, Porter is a hellova champ, if Thurman fights him in his first fight back he would lose. I can't see him taking that kind of risk, no reason to.

Comment

This is the best news out of boxing for a while - I can't wait to see Thurman back, hope he gets some good rounds sparring before such a big fight. Porter is definitely better this time around, but I can't wait to see this fight!

Comment

Thurman needs a tune up. Porter is scared to fight Spence. Word is that Spence let him have it bad in sparring. Very bad

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                Well I don't know anything about that. I was only reporting what I heard and that was Porter has at least two mandatories challengers to defend (Thurman and Berto) because he won a vacant title that was not against the WBC's current belt holder Keith Thurman inside of the ring.

Therefore he doesn't get any voluntary defenses at this time. So my only advice to you is to write Mauricio Sulaiman a letter and tell him that you demand a Spence vs Porter fight ASAP.
                You are slow aren't you. Spence would be a unification that trumps a mandatory. A voluntary defense would be him fighting someone who isn't his mandatory and isn't a champion to unify with.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                  You must be new to boxing, unification trumps any mandatory fights. Porter could easily by pass his mandatory to unify with Spence. The Porter's are all talk, they will sit out and not fight anyone else of note, they only want to fight D. Garcia and Thurman.
                  That's factually incorrect. It's said a lot here but it is not necessarily true. Sanctioning bodies can "CHOOSE" to make a title unification priority over a mandatory, it's considered a special sanction. The WBC "CAN" decide at it's own discretion to make a champion from another organization the mandatory challenger, which would then take precedent over any existing mandatory that was previously ordered. That can only be decided after a vote by the WBC's governing board, which only happens once a month at the convention. Either way in this case it wouldn't matter, because the WBC already made Thurman a champion in recess. When Thurman gave up his title, the board of governors voted and approved giving Thurman first shot at the title, leap frogging any challenger or mandatory upon his request, that includes unification. Once Thurman requested a title fight at the convention, the WBC had to honor it. So, even if they voted and made Spence the mando for a special sanction, unless contracts were already signed, Thurman's request would have surpassed Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
                    Yes he’s lying. They made an exception for postol but won’t for Porter? That makes no sense.
                    He's more than likely not lying. These things are all decided by a governing board vote. At the same time, a unification bout has to be requested in order for them to vote on whether or not to make another organizations champion the mandatory. There is no indication that Spence requested a unification bout to be considered Porter's mando for a special sanction. And as I said in my other post, in this case it doesn't really matter. Thurman was made a champion in recess, and the board voted to give him first shot at the title upon request. So when Thurman made his request at the WBC convention, he immediately leap frogs everyone, including a unification.

Comment

Porter bout to avenge the L he took vs 1 Time

Comment

Working...
                      X