Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Krusher and Beterbiev Can Beat Gassiev and Usyk?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usyk outboxes both of them, Gassiev wipes the floor with their corpses

Comment

Lol no. Beterbiev may have a chance since he has proven he can put on weight well and has an amateur background, but Kovalev would get obliterated by any of the elite CWs.

Comment

If Ward put kov on Queer Street wtf do you think gassiev would do to him

Comment

Kov has a very good jab and significant power. I wouldn't want to count him out completely as he's a better LHW than Adamek and Bellew were and both of them had some success moving up. But I don't see him beating either of these guys. Against Usyk he'd likely lose rounds and have to try and land something big which you never know but Breidis wasn't able to get it done with a single shot so it just seems unlikely. Against Gassiev he could box and do well at times but at some point they'd be exchanging and MG has arguably has the hardest single body shot in the sport right now which would probably still have Kovalev bent over in pain during the post-fight interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
            Kovalev is not hurting Dorticos let alone Gassiev, his punches wont have the same affect against the big Cruiser's. Dorticos would stop Kovalev inside 6th and and Beterbiev out boxed for a late TKO, let alone Usyk and Gassiev who will do worse.
            Bellew/Vlasov got an increase in power at cruiser.

Miranda went the full distance with Doritos in a competitive fight.

RJJ went 10 rounds before Lebedev could stop him.

Miranda/RJJ wouldn't last 5 rounds against the punchers at LHW like they did cruiser. Bellew/Vlasov aren't nearly as good as any of the elite LHWs and they both broke top 5 at cruiser.

Comment

Krusher should stay in his natural weight class. He has a lot to prove at 175 with some of the great newer guys like Bivol fighting at 175. Crusher might enter the ring at 185 or 190 pounds but some cruiserweights might be 210 to 215 pounds on fight night. There are some very good cruiserweight now and their 25 pounds more lean muscle weight will be too much for the top light heavyweights to overcome in my opinion. The best cruiserweights are almost as fast and they hit harder and take a punch better. That's why we have weight classes.

Comment

Not sure about Gassiev but i pick Beterbiev over both... Beterbiev won 2nd and 3rd round (made Usyk visit canvas) vs Usyk, only thing saving Usyk was the huge lead he had in 1st.

Comment

Never liked the idea of Kovalev at cruiserweight, I think he gets destroyed up there. You gotta remember these cruiserweights are training down to make the weight and Kovalev in his worst shape is probably in the 190's.

Beterbiev seems huge and a bit more suited but i wouldn't confidently pick him against the top cruiserweights, he's barely getting started at 175 anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Loma#1 View Post
                    Kovalev is not getting his defensive credit. Kovalev is faster and more intelligently responsive than Doritos in any era. Kovalev’s jab is heavier than Doritos and can followup with sneak attacks anywhere. Gassiev wouldn’t be able to catch Kovalev. Beterbiev can come heavier.
                    This. The cw's are massively overrated in terms of skill.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
                      Kovalev gets beat up by either, beterbeiv is extremely strong so I would give him a chance to compete, I think beterbeiv would have a real shot at usyk
                      He's already dropped usyk twice in the amateurs and got robbed.

Comment

Working...
                      X