Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We Need More Real Boxing Fans, Less Hatred and Unappreciation for Fighters!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    This is basically a rant, but one I feel is more than warranted.

Everyone has a favorite fighter, someone they love to watch, or just support for nationalistic, or hometown reasons. Got it. That aside, fans need to step back and look at the bigger picture, and not be so stupid and narrow-minded when discussing the sport as a whole, divisions, and rivals. I am sick and tired of reading ridiculous, ignorant hatred and unfair criticism when it comes to fighters who EVERYONE should love to watch fight!

New flash people!! Just because you are a Pac fan doesn't mean you can't appreciate and recognize who JMM or Floyd is!

Just because you are a Wlad fan, doesn't mean you can't give Tyson Fury his due respect!

Just because you hate Floyd, doesn't mean you have to embrace Berto if you didn't really like him to begin with!

Just because you are a Cotto fan, doesn't mean you have to trash Canelo at every turn and vica versa!

But my biggest gripe? There are fighters who EVERYONE should want to see fight, fighters like Maidana, Golovkin, Wilder, Fury, Lomachenko, Kovalev, and Thurman.

Get rid of your lame agendas and hate, and stop grasping at straws such as "oh, but he hasn't fought anybody, who has he beaten?" "Why is he ducking this fighter and that fighter?". JUST STOP! Fighters are very rarely in control of matchmaking and the parameters of a contract, THE HATE IS MISDIRECTED!

Why do we watch boxing? To take sides in senseless drama wih promotion companies? To hate every fighter who isn't "our fighter" even if there is no real reason to? I don't. I watch boxing because I love the sport, I love the intricacies, the history, the drama in the ring, the finess, the violence, and the intangibles it brings out in a man. I love the competition, the heart, the excitement. I don't care what flag you fight under, just come enter the ring and give it all you've got against whoever you fight and both will earn respect from me until they do otherwise.

If you can't put your childish agendas and hate aside for certain fighters who are flat out IDEAL and personify what it is to be a fighter and what boxing is all about, then GTF AWAY from my sport! We don't need or want you running your mouth and bringing boxing fans a bad name!

LET GO OF YOUR STUPID AGENDAS AND JUST ENJOY BOXING!!!!!

Great post! What grates me most is that most of these guys who are trashing professional, world level fighters have never even stepped foot in a Boxing ring and don't realise how hard it is to compete in the sport, these guys need to stop trashing them and respect them for dedicating their whole life to such a brutal sport, stepping foot in a competitive boxing ring at least once takes balls.

By no means am I saying that if you've never boxed your opinion doesn't count - there's many people who never boxed with great insights and opinions, but don't disrespect the guys that get in there and do it.

Comment

Go home, Rockin. Most of these dickwads get on here to post nationalistic **** and beef anyway.

Comment

This is basically a rant, but one I feel is more than warranted.

Everyone has a favorite fighter, someone they love to watch, or just support for nationalistic, or hometown reasons. Got it. That aside, fans need to step back and look at the bigger picture, and not be so stupid and narrow-minded when discussing the sport as a whole, divisions, and rivals. I am sick and tired of reading ridiculous, ignorant hatred and unfair criticism when it comes to fighters who EVERYONE should love to watch fight!

New flash people!! Just because you are a Pac fan doesn't mean you can't appreciate and recognize who JMM or Floyd is!

Just because you are a Wlad fan, doesn't mean you can't give Tyson Fury his due respect!

Just because you hate Floyd, doesn't mean you have to embrace Berto if you didn't really like him to begin with!

Just because you are a Cotto fan, doesn't mean you have to trash Canelo at every turn and vica versa!

But my biggest gripe? There are fighters who EVERYONE should want to see fight, fighters like Maidana, Golovkin, Wilder, Fury, Lomachenko, Kovalev, and Thurman.

Get rid of your lame agendas and hate, and stop grasping at straws such as "oh, but he hasn't fought anybody, who has he beaten?" "Why is he ducking this fighter and that fighter?". JUST STOP! Fighters are very rarely in control of matchmaking and the parameters of a contract, THE HATE IS MISDIRECTED!

Why do we watch boxing? To take sides in senseless drama wih promotion companies? To hate every fighter who isn't "our fighter" even if there is no real reason to? I don't. I watch boxing because I love the sport, I love the intricacies, the history, the drama in the ring, the finess, the violence, and the intangibles it brings out in a man. I love the competition, the heart, the excitement. I don't care what flag you fight under, just come enter the ring and give it all you've got against whoever you fight and both will earn respect from me until they do otherwise.

If you can't put your childish agendas and hate aside for certain fighters who are flat out IDEAL and personify what it is to be a fighter and what boxing is all about, then GTF AWAY from my sport! We don't need or want you running your mouth and bringing boxing fans a bad name!

LET GO OF YOUR STUPID AGENDAS AND JUST ENJOY BOXING!!!!!

Comment

Like realpugilist said, real person accounts like Archie Moore.
          You can't judge a guys Defense or skills off real life accounts.

Comment

Everyone doesn't always have to agree on everything. It's OK to have different opinions, different personalities, and different ways to show their appreciation or dislike for certain fights, fighters, or different subjects.

Comment

Exactly. well said.

But Irondamhanza wants 30 fights before you can assess his ability.

Nothing convenient about it. I love my PC and want it back up, and if I have to spend yayper to do it I will be pissed. I am a software engineer so I want my PC up for many different reasons, til then I am stuck on a company laptop.
              Still not buying it. And yes, you need more than highlights of one fight to gauge a fighter's skill level.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                  What we need is more boxers who are ready and willing to get in the ring against the best opponents to prove themselves, not boxers who only fight for the money. We need more fighters with balls and less Miguel Cottos in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    Go home, Rockin. Most of these dickwads get on here to post nationalistic **** and beef anyway.
                    you go home, I just got here.

In general fans are ignorant of the sport and even more so it's mechanics.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                      What we need is more boxers who are ready and willing to get in the ring against the best opponents to prove themselves, not boxers who only fight for the money. We need more fighters with balls and less Miguel Cottos in the sport.
                      There can be serious consequences in fighting the best available time after time after time etc. You could go through a war, have your hand raised in victory at the end, and still never be the same person that you were before climbing the stairs. Even having won.

Nobody knows what it takes to alter a person. Nobody knows......

Comment

Working...
                      X