No announcement yet.

What happened to Chad Dawson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
    finishing off with convincingly beating hopkins, something he gets less credit for than kovalev who did it years later to a much older hopkins
    Stop lying. He did not beat Hopkins as convincingly as Kovalev. Not even close.

Hence why one judge had it a draw (you can dispute that scorecard) when no judge could've possibly had a draw for the Kovalev Vs Hopkins fight.

Comment

Either way, if Kovalev isn't gonna get Stevenson, I think he should give a title shot to Dawson. He might as well put another former top name on his resume, like he did with Pascal.

Comment

People need to understand...

dunno. he was a CW before.
        Last edited by deathofaclown; 05-28-2015, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
          Stop lying. He did not beat Hopkins as convincingly as Kovalev. Not even close.

Hence why one judge had it a draw (you can dispute that scorecard) when no judge could've possibly had a draw for the Kovalev Vs Hopkins fight.
          you stop lying!

i didnt write he beat him as convincingly as kovalev. i wrote he beat him more convincingly than calzaghe and that he beat a much younger version than kovalev. yet gets far less credit than both.

convincingly beating hopkins, something he gets less credit for than kovalev
          doesnt mean he beat him as convincingly as kovalev, it just means they both beat him convincingly. which they did.
          Last edited by #1Assassin; 05-28-2015, 08:53 AM.

Comment

you stop lying!

i didnt write he beat him as convincingly as kovalev. i wrote he beat him more convincingly than calzaghe and that he beat a much younger version than kovalev. yet gets far less credit than both.
            Well he doesn't get credit from me. Most of the rounds were typical Hopkins rounds when he isn't exactly dominating but he is dirtying it up so much that the judge doesn't know who to score it for. Hopkins barely got caught with anything in that fight, it's just that he did did little himself offensively. This is usually what happens with B-hop, against slick boxers who try to be cute.

The way Kovalev dominated Hopkins (albeit a few years older) just shows that you can't even say things like: Well if Hopkins was 5 years younger, he would've won. If he straight up dominated him, rather then squeak out a split decision win, then that means he still probably would've beat him even if he was younger. Hopkins was older, but he wasn't 1980-Muhamad Ali Vs Larry Holmes shot. And I was rooting for Hop.

Comment

Moving to SMW. It was the Ward loss that really wiped him off the boxing map, boxers should never move down in weight. Especially ones that fill out at their weight and are taking off muscle. Almost always ends poorly even when they move back up they lose something.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
                Well he doesn't get credit from me. Most of the rounds were typical Hopkins rounds when he isn't exactly dominating but he is dirtying it up so much that the judge doesn't know who to score it for. Hopkins barely got caught with anything in that fight, it's just that he did did little himself offensively. This is usually what happens with B-hop, against slick boxers who try to be cute.

The way Kovalev dominated Hopkins (albeit a few years older) just shows that you can't even say things like: Well if Hopkins was 5 years younger, he would've won. If he straight up dominated him, rather then squeak out a split decision win, then that means he still probably would've beat him even if he was younger. Hopkins was older, but he wasn't 1980-Muhamad Ali Vs Larry Holmes shot. And I was rooting for Hop.
                Nah, most of the rounds were Dawson winning relatively easily.

Comment

Chad has lost his way and it was eventually gonna happen. Dawson had the talent but no heart or desire for the game of boxing. Ward took his soul and Stevenson destroyed the brain and Hopkins took his heart.

Comment

this is whats wrong with boxing, a big part of it anyways.

people complain about fighters not fighting the best, but when you have a guy who is not only willing but wants to fight the best and is willing to travel and even drop in weight to do so.. he is "a very stupid individual".

chad fought the best and ran out of luck, thats what happened. he started well, beating tomasz adamek in a near shut out before cleaning out the division beating taver and johnson twice each. finishing off with convincingly beating hopkins, something he gets less credit for than kovalev who did it years later to a much older hopkins. calzaghe as well who didnt even beat him convincingly and then ducked a prime chad to fight the corpse of roy jones.

but when you fight everyone things are bound to go against you at times. in his quest for greatness chad conceded too much to get ward in the ring with him, draining himself and losing in a terrible outing. in true chad dawson fashion he picked a deadly puncher as his comeback opponent, a guy nobody wanted to fight at the time. unfortunately he didnt perform in true chad dawson fashion, he got caught cold and stopped. in his next comeback fight he hurt his shoulder and had to fight with one arm, winning the fight in less spectacular fashion than expected. the powers that be capitalized and took the fight from him, making him all but irrelevant.

long story short, chad like most champions had his time and then it passed. you are the one who is stupid.

Edit: i left out the pascal loss since its not relevant to his peak or his decline.
                    Finally a real post with no bs... green k...

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
                      Chad has lost his way and it was eventually gonna happen. Dawson had the talent but no heart or desire for the game of boxing. Ward took his soul and Stevenson destroyed the brain and Hopkins took his heart.
                      How did Hopkins take his heart?... Or did you just throw that out there to complete the human state of being?

Comment

Working...
                      X