No announcement yet.

Staying warm during training

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staying warm during training

I've been having issues with getting cold and gassing out. I find that in cold weather I'm constantly getting cold in the middle of my workout causing me to feel drowsy. Yesterday I brought a jacket and kept it on for the whole 2 hours that I train. I felt good and solid the whole time, and especially on the heavy bag. Is it just a coincidence that this happened? Is it alright to keep a jacket on for training? Now I'm worried that if I have to spar I'm going to have to take the jacket off losing my warmth in the process.
    Last edited by kolkol14; 11-22-2014, 01:55 AM.

You're not training hard enough if you're cold for 2 hours

Comment

I find that my work rate increases a lot when the weather is cold.

If your body is cooling down while you are boxing then you just aren't working hard enough imo.

Comment

I know I work hard in my routine, and this usually happens during my 1 minute breaks. In the middle of my workout I'm usually soaking wet, but from time to time I lose my heat and sweat almost instantly. I work best when I'm sweaty and I was wondering if anyone else was having issues like this.

Comment

How about thermals

http://www.sportsdirect.com/nevica-t...lcode=40221018

Comment

Wouldn't hurt to invest a little, I'll give those a go. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kolkol14 View Post
              Wouldn't hurt to invest a little, I'll give those a go. Thanks

That's a uk site . Delivery to USA is £14 which is around 20 usd more than the actual product

Comment

Originally posted by kolkol14 View Post
                I've been having issues with getting cold and gassing out. I find that in cold weather I'm constantly getting cold in the middle of my workout causing me to feel drowsy. Yesterday I brought a jacket and kept it on for the whole 2 hours that I train. I felt good and solid the whole time, and especially on the heavy bag. Is it just a coincidence that this happened? Is it alright to keep a jacket on for training? Now I'm worried that if I have to spar I'm going to have to take the jacket off losing my warmth in the process.
                Call me crazy, but perhaps simply putting the heater on or putting on more cloating?

Normally in case of hypothermia, the body automatically protects organs in order of importance, with the brain at the top of the list. The most important thing is to keep those warm. Try wearing a sweat band for example.

Comment

Working...
                X