No announcement yet.

Lets be honest, Kovalev Carried Bernard Hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
    The Agnew fight showed how patient he can be and still be trying to stop you - he came awfully close to doing the same thing here except he was in there with a legendary defender. It almost had to come down to the 12th round before that would have been able to occur. He just fought a perfect fight tonight that's all there is to it.
    good post.....

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
      Like ld did to povetkin out of respect. Kovalev IMO could have got him out of there.

Credit to hopkins, no fouls, no complaining, good interview after.

I realy wanted the ref to top the fight, i Hate seeing guys that are done taking punishment.

Reminded me a little bit of the Briggs Vitali fight...

Hope Hopkins is Ok...

well done for both maing it happen...
      I was just about to post a thread saying Kovalev disappointed me but I think this thread is enough.

Kov carried Hops man and I think everyone knew it, every time he hurt the guy he backed off, reset himself and refuse to throw more than 3 punches. If I'd paid for that fight I would have been pissed spending my hard earned money on that crap.

Btw those two comparisons are horribly, Wlad didn't carry Pov and Briggs took a hammering, Hops didn't get hit much cos Kov didn't push on until the 12th. If Kovalev had done that in the 4th or 5h, Hops would have gone.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
        The Agnew fight showed how patient he can be and still be trying to stop you - he came awfully close to doing the same thing here except he was in there with a legendary defender. It almost had to come down to the 12th round before that would have been able to occur. He just fought a perfect fight tonight that's all there is to it.
        That's not true at all, Kov showed intent from round one in that fight and was far more aggressive, he really wanted to hurt Agnew. The cuts slowed him somewhat and he didn't want to take too much damage but then stepped it up.

Against Bhop he threw maybe 3 or 4 combinations with 3+ punches. Other than that he just backed up and allowed Bhop to move, all the while the older fighter offered ZERO offence for some 8 rounds.

Comment

He fought a smart fight if you go all out on Hopkins early and don't get him outta there then you easy pickings late in the fight and Bernard was still landing some sneaky shots every now and then

Funny thing is even in the loss and how one sided it was Bernard still kinda showed the blueprint on how to beat Kovalev he was just to old to execute the game plan and I know how crazy this sounds but I think had B Hop been like 45 he would have won that fight

Comment

Working...
          X