Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any of you cardio lovers ever get Plantar fasciitis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of you cardio lovers ever get Plantar fasciitis?

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/t...pic-overview#1

**** hurts!!! I started using a 50lb weighted vest more often with my cardio and all of a sudden my left heel started killing me in the morning and after sitting for a while. Sure enough I got whatever this is.

My question is, have any of you dealt with this? If so how? I love my cardio and this has slowed me down significantly because I will be fine while I am working out but in the morning I can barely walk. I know I gotta slow down a bit but I am looking for some help???

You're getting old and now you have to rest. Off your feet until further notice. Make an appointment with a good Podiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/t...pic-overview#1

**** hurts!!! I started using a 50lb weighted vest more often with my cardio and all of a sudden my left heel started killing me in the morning and after sitting for a while. Sure enough I got whatever this is.

My question is, have any of you dealt with this? If so how? I love my cardio and this has slowed me down significantly because I will be fine while I am working out but in the morning I can barely walk. I know I gotta slow down a bit but I am looking for some help???
      I get the same thing almost every morning in the same foot and sometimes both.

I actually thought it was something serious until I found out about the condition.

Comment

I've had it in both feet; the trick is to do eccentric mid foot stretches by elevating and placing your toes on something like a streetlamp or telegraph pole (with your heel on the ground) and push into it thus stretching the mid foot.

I recommend 15 reps on each foot every morning, and before every training session and also before going to bed every night. It hasn't returned since......but it was super painful when it was bad, and it would probably return without this daily exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
          I've had it in both feet; the trick is to do eccentric mid foot stretches by elevating and placing your toes on something like a streetlamp or telegraph pole (with your heel on the ground) and push into it thus stretching the mid foot.

I recommend 15 reps on each foot every morning, and before every training session and also before going to bed every night. It hasn't returned since......but it was super painful when it was bad, and it would probably return without this daily exercise.
          Thanks bro! I am going to start trying that tonight! This morning wasnt that bad but yesterday morning, damn!!! My left foot is way worse than my right but I do have it in both. I am going to do what you said and probably buy some special socks I seen online! Hopefully it all works out.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
            You're getting old and now you have to rest. Off your feet until further notice. Make an appointment with a good Podiatrist.
            I was hoping I didnt have to see a podiatrist until I was in my mid forties. I could only imagine what going to happen to me then!

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              I get the same thing almost every morning in the same foot and sometimes both.

I actually thought it was something serious until I found out about the condition.
              Its hella painful some mornings. I have been been trying to mix up my cardio now, throwing in the arm bike and arm rope. Its helped a little but I miss my long runs on the pavement.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                I was hoping I didnt have to see a podiatrist until I was in my mid forties. I could only imagine what going to happen to me then!
                50 lbs was like 2x too much man, it's your own fault. When I was competing I used to run with 25 lbs added on me and that was plenty.

I get it man, you want to get into beast mode, but you got to know the limits --- namsayin?

Comment

Most runners get it at some point and the other foot usually follows the first a few weeks later.

If you keep up with the warm ups and physio it does go.....and keep away

Comment

tennis ball (or golf ball if you're feeling masochistic) massage on the bottom of the foot is good. as in, stand on that ****er with as much weight as you can stand and roll it around - from front to back, side to side

if determined to keep training, it is possible to tape it up (diagonally across the sole, then up and around the ankle) and maybe go a bit lighter. most people would recommend resting but meh, a little pain never hurt anyone just be careful if you do this though. i had an annoying case a while back where my foot would be fine once i was up and running, and properly warmed up, so i just carried on training as usual despite there being an obvious problem. it got to the stage finally where i was forced to take extended time off my feet. so, in the end, stubbornness made things worse than they needed to be. that said, usually if i have a niggle, i just run it off and it's ok

Comment

Working...
                    X