Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greater number of cheaters in the HW ranks. Why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greater number of cheaters in the HW ranks. Why?

Just off the top of my head, Miller, Tyson Fury, Hughie Fury, Ortiz, Yoka, and Povetkin are all PED cheats from recent years. I'm sure there's some I'm forgetting so please feel free to name them.
    Question is, why do you think there's such a high number of top HW's cheating?

My first guess is that it's harder for the big guys to stay in shape but I've not given it a lot of thought yet and would like opinions. Maybe it's just coincidence.

More at stake at heavyweight then in the lower divisions? Heavyweights are celebrities and they get all the attention, the best media grooming, the most money, and have the most prestige. When you've got interviews, millions of dollars, stardom, and celebrity status on the line they or their handlers/leeches gravitate them towards PEDs. Add into that heavyweights look like they do their off season training at Olive Garden's neverending pasta buffet and they need to lose weight fast.

Comment

What else did Fury test positive for other than cocaine? I don't recall him using steroids. If he did, I must've missed it.

Comment

Power can be more important than skill in their division and they want to make sure they carry as much power as possible.

Amongst other things like they being able to gain 30 pounds from a cycle without missing to make weight.

The general belief that all hw's are juicing therefore they need to stablish a level playing field.

The fact that they don't need to make weight and therefore get fat between fights and then need shortcuts to be in shape.

There might be more reasons or a combination of the above is possible as well I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          What else did Fury test positive for other than cocaine? I don't recall him using steroids. If he did, I must've missed it.
          Nandrolone but he claimed it was meat contamination.

Comment

They can't all be like AJ Da Juiceman and his natty buddies

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Just off the top of my head, Miller, Tyson Fury, Hughie Fury, Ortiz, Yoka, and Povetkin are all PED cheats from recent years. I'm sure there's some I'm forgetting so please feel free to name them.
              Question is, why do you think there's such a high number of top HW's cheating?

My first guess is that it's harder for the big guys to stay in shape but I've not given it a lot of thought yet and would like opinions. Maybe it's just coincidence.

The heavyweights are simply lazy and do not want to put in the hard work. They try to take shortcuts.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                The heavyweights are simply lazy and do not want to put in the hard work. They try to take shortcuts.
                I wonder if Stiverne even went to the gym before his second fight with Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
                  More at stake at heavyweight then in the lower divisions? Heavyweights are celebrities and they get all the attention, the best media grooming, the most money, and have the most prestige. When you've got interviews, millions of dollars, stardom, and celebrity status on the line they or their handlers/leeches gravitate them towards PEDs. Add into that heavyweights look like they do their off season training at Olive Garden's neverending pasta buffet and they need to lose weight fast.
                  Yeah, HWs don’t have to try and make weight is part of it. Everyone else is fighting to stay light as they can. Everyone can b*tch if a fighter is 10lbs more than them in ring. No one cares if a HW fights someone six inches taller and 50lbs heavier. U can take gear to gain muscle which burns calories to come in leaner and stronger, but there’s water retention, which can be countered, but ur on a razors edge in the other weights compared to heavy if u wanna take anabolic/androgenic compounds. For what it’s worth, I don’t see a lot of gyno at weighins and it shows when ur shredded. Course there’s drugs for that too.

Comment

It's only one man that's responsible for all these roid cheats and he goes by the name deontay.they have nightmares about that right hand.Say what you want but it's just facts.

Comment

Working...
                    X