Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez Drops Silva Three Times, Knocks Him Out In Sixth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lopez has an awkward style but he did get away with a lot of pushing. This fight had "bought" written all over it. Are we seriously supposed to believe a fighter who before this had a 25-1-0 record hardly throws any punches and leaves himself open to get clipped? He just stood there taking punishment and not fighting back. I'm sure uncle bob paid him good to make his fighter look good. This was just a showcase to hype up Lopez. I guarantee you put him up against a pressure fighter and he will get dropped. It's easy to look good when your opponent is paid to lose. I'm telling you Lopez is not the guy you should look out for. Vergil Ortiz is that guy

Comment

Best performance of the night. This kid Teofimo Lopez.

I've heard of him but never saw any of his fights. Man, he beat Silva down something vicious and cold. That s hit was savage. Wow, definitely best performance of the night.
      Last edited by True That; 07-15-2018, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by indelible View Post
        Lopez has an awkward style but he did get away with a lot of pushing. This fight had "bought" written all over it. Are we seriously supposed to believe a fighter who before this had a 25-1-0 record hardly throws any punches and leaves himself open to get clipped? He just stood there taking punishment and not fighting back. I'm sure uncle bob paid him good to make his fighter look good. This was just a showcase to hype up Lopez. I guarantee you put him up against a pressure fighter and he will get dropped. It's easy to look good when your opponent is paid to lose. I'm telling you Lopez is not the guy you should look out for. Vergil Ortiz is that guy
        Agreed on the last line. I don't know if Silva was paid to lose, but for sure he didn't do anything exceptional.

From what I gathered by watching this fight Lopez is good enough, though he didn't make me jump in my seat. If he fights Lomachenko or Mickey Garcia he's getting his ass kicked hard.

Comment

Lopez is a BAAAAADDDD MAN! Lopez said "I'm no Felix Verdejo!" Sounds like a challenge to me! Verdejo, Que tu hace? Probably too early for Verdejo! Someone call Edner Cherry! Let's see if Lopez is the real deal!

Comment

Working...
          X