Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People complaining about HBO pushing hard for Dzinziruk against Martinez...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
    I don't care for Sturm.

I want to see Pirog vs Golovkin. That'd be explosive.
    After Korobov gets a couple more fights i would like to see him and Pirog.

Comment

Showtime right now has a better program for fights that in order to make decent money it has to be a competitive matchup. HBO always had in house fighters and inside deals with promoters. Their budget is less this year so hopefully that will force better fights or more competitive fights

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
        Showtime right now has a better program for fights that in order to make decent money it has to be a competitive matchup. HBO always had in house fighters and inside deals with promoters. Their budget is less this year so hopefully that will force better fights or more competitive fights
        You got a link to the info about HBO's boxing budget getting cut (again)?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
          You got a link to the info about HBO's boxing budget getting cut (again)?
          I see if I can find it and post it here. They were saying that they are only going to be paying for fights they want. But it also can be a ploy against Top Rank cause all the crappy fights and undercards they have been offering HBO. HBO caused this mess in giving too much money away to fighters

Comment

They should dictate who fights in their network since they put up the big bucks. That is why they have a match maker employed and sometimes they will give a list of fighters that they would allow.

With Berto it is just a disappointment that they have allowed to go this long but they did give him a contract with a Million dollar minimum.
            I beg to disagree. It should be a commission that should dictate match ups and it is up to HBO what fights they should invest in. If they feel they won't make money investing in a fight dictated by the commission, then being a separate business entity they have the prerogative to cover or not said fight.

Networks should not be doing any dictations to the boxing industry.

Comment

I see if I can find it and post it here. They were saying that they are only going to be paying for fights they want. But it also can be a ploy against Top Rank cause all the crappy fights and undercards they have been offering HBO. HBO caused this mess in giving too much money away to fighters
              On a similar note, really good interview with Ken Hershman (Showtime) in February's Ring Magazine: http://thering.imirus.com/Mpowered/book/vring11/i2/p76

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Cardon View Post
                I beg to disagree. It should be a commission that should dictate match ups and it is up to HBO what fights they should invest in. If they feel they won't make money investing in a fight dictated by the commission, then being a separate business entity they have the prerogative to cover or not said fight.

No fighters have to take networks offers. I really don't see an issue with the fundamentals.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Cardon View Post

I do understand your point but if they are putting up the money they should have some say in which fights they want to present. Remember that this is entertainment and a business. Cause a fighter deserves a fight doesn't mean he is going to get it especially if he is not a draw.

I don't agree with the way things are but it is what it is and you have to make the best of it.

As a boxing fan no matter how disappointed I'm with a matchup cause you never know till fight night

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                    but they still shouldn't allow it for sergio.

they allow it with al haymon fighters and floyd and pac

What Al Haymon fighters are you refering too?

Williams? Nope. Andrade? Nope. Arreola? Nope. And I don't recall Mayweather or Pacquaio fighting anybody on the level of Andy Lee in years.

As far as Berto is concerned

"The bottom line is Andre Berto will be in a big fight in early 2011, or he won't be on HBO," Greenburg said. "Whenever he fights next, if it's not against a big-name opponent, then you won't see him. He knows that, his management [Al Haymon] knows that. And his promoter [Lou DiBella] knows that. Believe it or not, they feel the same way. We've been very patient. Now it's time. If it doesn't happen, so be it."

http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/blo...dan/id/5760124

Comment

Originally posted by Bierstadt View Post
                      People complaining don't even pay for HBO.
                      thats my case. i love that hbo is FORCING berto to fight a big name in his next fight. i love that dzinziruk is fighting martinez.

i pay my 30 bucks each month for hbo. most of these clowns that are complaining probably don't even pay for these hbo fights. why would anyone CRY about martinez not being able to fight a bum? WTF.

this is a new year....fans are tired of bum fights.....

those that want to see bums, should watch another sport.....

Comment

Working...
                      X