No announcement yet.

I think we can all agree, Boxing has been pretty dull since Floyd aka TBE left

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
    147 isn't as fun without Floyd, there's no denying that. I like a lot of these new fighters, they've given us some great fights. But Keith Thurman is the guy at welter now and watching the low skill level displayed in Keith Thurman vs Shawn Porter just isn't the same as witnessing masterclass performances from an ATG.
    It really isn’t the same without Floyd at 147

Comment

The guy was last seen in a boxing ring 5 months ago. He hasn't been away from the sport that long and he'll come back. Trust me, he will.

Comment

How was floyd fun?

He barely fought, and he altered the landscape so much because fighters would simply wait to fight him for a career high payday.

It was great fun waiting 9 years for him to fight pacman, that was just a pleasure.

Fighters were not fighting to box floyd, he was a cash cow.

Comment

If Floyd was the only boxer I knew or cared about then yeah, I would agree.

Comment

Sounds like the OP is just a fanboy and not a fan of the sport. I think boxings in a great place. I’m going to thoroughly enjoy watching how Loma, Crawford, and Spence’s career pan out. Then we got guys like the Charlo brothers who I think are going to truly come into their own as dominant forces. And geez I forgot about Mikey Garcia. Then we got HW which is the most interesting in years. Canelo is still young and has plenty of years left. We also got the WBSS which is cool. Can’t dent Floyd had a great career but there’s a lot of good things in boxing right now. If you can’t see that then sounds like you got nuts in your throat.

Comment

No, we are in a resurgence of having the best fight the best now. Great fights can be made. With Fraud, he created the pattern of low risk high reward. A lot of fighters want to follow suit.

We need fighters taking on their mandatory, even if that means a risk or danger of losing their "0". We need fighters trying to become something special and put their mark in boxing history, not for how much $$$ they generated, but for going against the odds and bringing in "W"s when they shouldn't have. DARING to be GREAT.

Comment

I somewhat agree with the OP. Boxing was fun in the Mayweather Pacquiao era. Every time one would fight we would discuss the other. Each guy was built up as the perfect foil for the other guy and that is always fun. The build up to there fight had a batman vs superman or clash of the titans type of vibe. It was interesting watching the fanboys of both groups go back and forth with each other. Floyd and Manny were two of the greatest talents this sport had ever seen.

However, the talent pool is starting to increase in boxing. There hasn't been this many talented fighters competing all at the same time in boxing probably since the 90s and that is good for the sport. Amongst the general public the interest in boxing has certainly waned but among the hardcore fans it seems to be at an upswing.

Comment

Working...
                X