Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you pay PPV prices to see Donaire vs Rigondeaux?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
    Mares might get the judges decision, but he wont beat him imo. I dont even think its gonna be that close, but wont be the slightest bit surprised if Mares gets a gift
    That's my worry aswell.

I'm very very worried about that.

I think he's going to throw a lot, miss a lot, but give the judges a reason to give him the round.

Comment

rigo isn't worth sheit. he has done nothing worth mentioning. he may have been a great amateur, but delusional if he thinks he's the best at any weight. amateur boxing is worlds apart from pro boxing. he can talk as he wants but at some point he needs to walk the walk. so no, i won't give a sheit

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        That's my worry aswell.

I think he's going to throw a lot, miss a lot, but give the judges a reason to give him the round.
        yeah he'll miss a hell of a lot, land a few, and get tagged at will by Moreno's counters and jab. Moreno's lack of pop will mean he wont be able to discourage him so Mares wont stop throwing until the end of the 12th. It wont be that difficult for the judges to rob him

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          Good one.

I would obviously love to see Nonito-Rigo, but the rest of the card would have to be pretty good to consider shelling out cash. Donaire-Gamboa seems so much more appealing. Yuri is so damn electrifying, and Donaire is no slouch as far as excitement goes. With Gamboa's hyper-aggressive style and Nonito's counterpunching tendencies, the fireworks are almost guarenteed.
          i would too but just would'nt pay for it, but gamboa? absolutely

I'll wait until they fight.

The winner will be #2 at 112, no question.

Going to be a great fight and less than a month away.
          you mean 122.. yes sir, top guys are going to get filtered..

Comment

With a good undercard, I dont see why not. People are willing to pay 59.99 to see Chavez/Martinez with a horrible undercard. And they're willing to pay PPV for Pacquiao/Marquez 4, with a horrible undercard.

With a decent undercard and a good 24/7 series, Top Rank could start charging for a Nonito PPV

Comment

yeah he'll miss a hell of a lot, land a few, and get tagged at will by Moreno's counters and jab. Moreno's lack of pop will mean he wont be able to discourage him so Mares wont stop throwing until the end of the 12th. It wont be that difficult for the judges to rob him
              Moreno needs to be spot on with his game plan.

He needs to concentrate and make sure he works on the outside and the inside.

Mares is going to bring it and that much we can guarantee.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                i would too but just would'nt pay for it, but gamboa? absolutely

you mean 122.. yes sir, top guys are going to get filtered..
                My mistake. Yeah, 122 I meant.

I just can't wait for that! I really hppe Moreno wins but I know he's a good a tough guy on his hands.

Comment

My mistake. Yeah, 122 I meant.

I just can't wait for that! I really hppe Moreno wins but I know he's a good a tough guy on his hands.
                  hope so too but like you and albino said , the wrong guy might win due to **** officiating etc..

Comment

No. The fight would not be entertaining.

Comment

That's my worry aswell.

Mares might get the judges decision, but he wont beat him imo. I dont even think its gonna be that close, but wont be the slightest bit surprised if Mares gets a gift
                      Damn it, you two, stop killing my hype with common sense. I'm trying to convince myself there won't be any shady judging in this fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X