No announcement yet.

Training Regime & Diet Plan For a competetive Amateur Boxer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training Regime & Diet Plan For a competetive Amateur Boxer

I am an amateur boxer currently training at competitive level. At the moment i weigh around 75-76kgs and i box at 69kgs. This is my current training/running/diet regime:

M,W,F: Wake up at 7am, eat a medium sized bowl of porridge oats, drink a glass of fresh orange juice, cup of green tea and a glass of water.

around 9-10am i go for a run including hills and sprints.

after my run 10:30-11am i drink a protein shake (maximuscle promax diet)

around 1-130pm i will eat a piece of fruit or some almonds

at 1500pm i will either eat a sandwhich with wholemeal bread, grilled chicken breast salad and chopped chillies with a piece of fruit or i sometimes will eat scrambled egg on wholemeal toast sometimes including baked beans with the egg.

at 17:30pm i will eat a banana and drink another green tea

from 20:00pm til 21:00pm i train hard at the boxing gym.

immediately after my workout at around 21:10pm i drink another protein shake.

at around 22:00-22:30 i then eat my dinner which always involves either grilled meat (chicken breast,turkey breast,pork fillet,steak fillet) or grilled fish (mackerel,tuna,salmon,cod) i put chopped chillies on top of the meat or fish, i always have mixed veg with some rice along with either some spinach or asparagus.

i aim to drink around 3-3 and a 1/2 litres of water a day.

With my Tuesday and Thursday regime i do exactly the same and eat the same. Apart from my morning run consists of jogging 3 miles at a steady pace (recovery run). and my training session at the gym in the evening lasts for 2.5 hours and involves some sparring also.

on saturday i like to have a rest day from training

on sunday i train in the morning at the gym from 10am til 13:00pm

I'd like people to comment on my training regime and diet to see if i can improve it and if im doing the right thing. Id like to know what is the best way to undertake my sprint runs on the T&Th (how long do i run for, for these runs, whats the best way to do these?) and if when i do my jogs on the M,W,F if 3 miles is enough?

Id also like to know whether you think my carolie intake is enough and if i should introduce any new foods.
    If protein shakes are a good or bad idea for me and if i should take any other supplements.

The reasons i ask so many questions is because ive had many different opinions from people on the way i train so id like to know the best way for me. As i want to reach the peak of my fitness and be the best i can be in the ring.

Sounds pretty good to me tbh. Except I would spar more than twice a week. I spar 3-4 times a week.

Comment

Yeah the days i spar are on the Tuesday,Thursday and Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by muushy View Post
        yeah the days i spar are on the tuesday,thursday and sunday.
        whats your routine in the gym??????

Comment

Originally posted by Muushy View Post
          Yeah the days i spar are on the Tuesday,Thursday and Sunday.
          Oh. Good good.

How many fights you had?

Comment

Routine in the gym is M,W,F I train for just over an hour doing 4-5 rounds of skipping,6 rounds on heavy bags,a couple of rounds on pads then intense groundwork exercises. after the session i do some shoulder conditioning exercises(plyometrics) with dumbells also.

Then my routine on tuesday and thursday and sunday is 7 rounds skipping,10 heavy bags, 5 floor to ceiling ball, sparring,sometimes do some padwork, circuit training with extra ab work.

have had 32 bouts now.lost 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Muushy View Post
              Routine in the gym is M,W,F I train for just over an hour doing 4-5 rounds of skipping,6 rounds on heavy bags,a couple of rounds on pads then intense groundwork exercises. after the session i do some shoulder conditioning exercises(plyometrics) with dumbells also.

Then my routine on tuesday and thursday and sunday is 7 rounds skipping,10 heavy bags, 5 floor to ceiling ball, sparring,sometimes do some padwork, circuit training with extra ab work.

have had 32 bouts now.lost 4.
              It's a really good routine.

Comment

A basic boxing training routine doesn’t need to be fancy or full of impossible exercises. It’s often plain, boring, and focuses on mastering the basics over and over again. As long as you are dedicated and open to learning, this same boxing training routine will take you far.

Comment

Sounds Very Good

I would spar more often, do more ab work. Remember, Mike Tyson's early routine was very simple and he worked out in a very spartan bare bones gym under Cus and he got great results. Build your entire routine around running and sparring. That was the secret of both Dempsey and Tyson. The real secret is dedication.

Comment

This is one of the better training regimens I've seen posted here, however I would increase sparring also to 3-5 days a week.

Comment

Working...
                    X