Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was any boxer prone to cuts on the ear??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was any boxer prone to cuts on the ear??

So iv noticed since the headgear is gone in the ams, I always seem to get a little cut behind the ear.
    I spar with no headgear most the time, and obviously fight with no headgear, but iv noticed nearly all the time i get this nick on the ear that is a killer, I don't notice it till I'm in the shower and stings like fck.
    I remember hearing this boxer was prone to cuts on his ear but cant remember who it was...
    Can you remember any boxers who were prone to this???

Originally posted by stephenmc View Post
    So iv noticed since the headgear is gone in the ams, I always seem to get a little cut behind the ear.
    I spar with no headgear most the time, and obviously fight with no headgear, but iv noticed nearly all the time i get this nick on the ear that is a killer, I don't notice it till I'm in the shower and stings like fck.
    I remember hearing this boxer was prone to cuts on his ear but cant remember who it was...
    Can you remember any boxers who were prone to this???
    Holyfield? I kid.

Don't know if any boxer prime to it, but I know exactly what you're talking about. Happened to me on a few occasions when I fought. It was always like a paper cut and I always got it on the top of my ear where it connected to my head. Probably just the force of punches in that area pulling at the thin skin in that area. Mine always happened on my left ear so I know it was coming from right hands I was either trying to slips duck or just didn't get out of the way of.

Comment

It will certainly be more prone to 'cutting' if you've got cauliflower ear, but the only real injury I ever remember getting to my ear, apart from general soreness and pain from getting hit is when it felt sort of like one of my ear drums burst when a punch landed right on it in a bad spot. Was bloody awful. Thought I'd done permanent damage to my hearing. Never had any problem with cuts though.

Can't think of any that was prone to it either. Simon Lujuan had that really nasty cut against Margs, but that's the worst I remember...apart from Holyfield of course.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        Holyfield? I kid.

Don't know if any boxer prime to it, but I know exactly what you're talking about. Happened to me on a few occasions when I fought. It was always like a paper cut and I always got it on the top of my ear where it connected to my head. Probably just the force of punches in that area pulling at the thin skin in that area. Mine always happened on my left ear so I know it was coming from right hands I was either trying to slips duck or just didn't get out of the way of.
        Yeeesssss this is exactly what I was on about haha its like a paper cut that I get on the left ear where it connects to the head... Stings like a mothafcka ha

Comment

Working...
        X