Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How highly would you rate Carl Froch if he avenged the Ward defeat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froch is not going to beat Ward. He had zero answers in the first fight, while Ward had all the answers. It's not like he had some career renassaince where he transformed into a different league of fighter.

All he's done since the first fight is get older.

That said Who the **** knows if Ward is ever gonna fight again anyway.
    Last edited by KEY LOW; 10-15-2014, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      This, and he's already up there in terms of having the best resume of any super middleweight ever.

Also probably be recognized as the greatest British fighter since the war.
      Agreed. I think his career has surpassed Calzaghe's. Although JC has the much better win over Kessler, who was at the apex of his career when Joe beat him.

Comment

He should definitely have another crack at it.

Comment

Best SMW of ALL the Times.

Comment

about as highly as I rate him right now Ward is not THAT great he is somewhat overrated TBH

Comment

How highly would you rate Carl Froch if he avenged the Ward defeat?

Hypothetical circumstance with no links with reality.
              Froch is a smart guy and he never voiced any desire for a rematch.

Comment

I would rate him above Eubank, Benn and Calzaghe as the best British super middleweight. Sadly Froch will only be remembered in the U.K. among the public but hardcore boxing fans should always remember him.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostBlade View Post
                  I would rate him above Eubank, Benn and Calzaghe as the best British super middleweight. Sadly Froch will only be remembered in the U.K. among the public but hardcore boxing fans should always remember him.
                  Achievement wise, you could say Froch has done more then Eubank and Benn at super middleweight but I don't know if he would have beaten those guys at their best. I'd have Calzaghe on top of that list, it's a pity he retired instead of facing Froch, that would have been a great fight.

Comment

Second or 3rd at SMW ever

Comment

Hearns should get Froch his Vegas fight then get Ward over to the Uk for Carl's "Last Hurrah". Ward is in no position to dictate terms and it'd be interesting to see if he could beat Froch on his home ground.

If Froch came out with the win he'd get the acclaim he seems to crave. He's already ahead of Benn, Eubank and Collins and beating Ward would put him in front of Calzaghe although Froch already has a better resume than him anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X