Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Ruiz Had No Chance In Joshua Rematch; Buster Douglas Redux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The real winner was Hearn sending burritos and steaks to Ruiz hotel room the week before. Fluffy is a fluke.

Comment

He never stood a chance because AJ made sure he didn't stand a chance because he fought a very disciplined and cautious fight.

He didn't take many unnecessary risks or chances like he did the first time he fought Ruiz; Where he was reckless and gave Andy an opening and window in order to capitalize on his mistakes.

However, in the rematch Anthony Joshua limited those mistakes. He stayed out of the exchanges, kept Ruiz on the outside with his movement, jab and longer reach advantage.

Comment

Redux? No. Buster Douglas was knocked out within 3 rounds but Andy lasted 12 rounds. He had no game plan and struggled with pace. Seems like he never wanted to do it again. No excuses please, a win is a win either that being through sweet science, bad or ugly. It must be easy to put on weight for Andy but this time around, I think his days are numbered. Bob must be happy!

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          He never stood a chance because AJ made sure he didn't stand a chance because he fought a very disciplined and cautious fight.

He didn't take many unnecessary risks or chances like he did the first time he fought Ruiz; Where he was reckless and gave Andy an opening and window in order to capitalize on his mistakes.

However, in the rematch Anthony Joshua limited those mistakes. He stayed out of the exchanges, kept Ruiz on the outside with his movement, jab and longer reach advantage.
          Agreed...Joshua's adjustments were 60% of the equation. Ruiz indiscipline was 40%. In the fight, whenever Ruiz touched Joshua, he felt it. I saw no improvement in Joshua's defence up close or against counters or those shots to the top of the head. If Ruiz had trained properly and cut off the ring, there would have been at least a closer outcome. Joshua still looked vulnerable. Mike Tyson would have destroyed that version of Joshua. I honestly feel the moment Wilder touches him with a right, it's over.

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
            Yikes! Ruiz getting slammed left and right by the whole boxing world
            He does kind of deserve it though. It's for his own good.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
              Hearns be stealth feeding Ruiz like Hal from Malcolm in the Middle

Lmfao green k coming your way!

Made me spit out my beer dàmn you!

Comment

Face it Andy fan(s), the world knows it was a fluke and should never have happened.

Comment

Bob is spot on .I was gloating with my 7/2 bet on Ruiz that stood me to make a killing .I was going to back it up with a big bet late on around nine .....until the weigh in.I knew like Bob that Ruiz had no chance.I knew Joshua would come in light and run jab grab we all did.It was the game plan and no secret.After the hammering Joshua took first time they knew they were in big trouble and couldn't trade with Ruiz .Hence Hearns money grab in S.A. which was dire.This was no boxing masterplan as Hearn is making it to be and some idiots calling Joshua 'Ali' like (lol) This was a little greedy party animal out of control .....period!

Comment

There was this ''I told you so'' Andy ''fan'' who was all about knowing Andy would win. Name was Roxy or Rexy. Haven't seen him since the rude awakening

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                      Arum: Ruiz Had No Chance In Joshua Rematch; Buster Douglas Redux

NEW YORK Once Bob Arum learned Andy Ruiz Jr. weighed in at 283 pounds, his former promoter determined there was no reason to even watch Ruiz's rematch against Anthony Joshua. Arum decided then that Joshua would definitively defeat an out-of-shape Ruiz in their 12-round fight Saturday night in Diriyah, Saudi Arabia. The 6-feet-6 Joshua (23-1, 21 KOs), who came in 10-plus pounds lighter than he did for their first fight, out-boxed a poorly prepared Ruiz (33-2, 22 KOs) and won a unanimous decision to take back his IBF, IBO, WBA and WBO heavyweight titles at Diriyah Arena.
                      [Click Here To Read More]
                      The same Arum on Dec 7, 2019:

"Bob Arum Expects Andy Ruiz To Beat Anthony Joshua Again"

"I think Andy Ruiz wins again. I think Joshua is overrated and I think that Andy is under appreciated. He fought most of his fights for us and I know how good he is. He has a low center of gravity which is good against a big heavyweight and people don't realize what great hand speed he has," Arum told BoxingScene.com

https://www.boxingscene.com/bob-arum...-again--144918

Comment

Working...
                      X