Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cutting weight...dont want to lose muscle mass.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting weight...dont want to lose muscle mass.

alright ive been walking around at 200 lbs. this winter because i slacked in the gym a bit. My strength and reps havnt gone down but i got a little beer gut forming from lack of cardio.

I eat a **** load of protein in my diet but im afraid it may not be enough.

I have cut weight before to get to a lower body fat but i always lose muscle and strength.

any good ways to keep my muscle mass?

I dont **** with supplements.

just a good protein shake and BCAA's...but thats it

No other way except doing cardio. And as a result, your muscles/strength will decrease a little bit. No way around that.

I would suggest, drinking your protein 30 mins before your cardio session. That way, your body will eat the added protein that you drank for energy instead of your muscles.

I say before instead of after. Doing it after will only prevent your body from continuing to eat away your muscle.(metabolism doesn't just instantly stop).

Try that but you will still feel or maybe even see muscle loss.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
      No other way except doing cardio. And as a result, your muscles/strength will decrease a little bit. No way around that.

I would suggest, drinking your protein 30 mins before your cardio session. That way, your body will eat the added protein that you drank for energy instead of your muscles.

I say before instead of after. Doing it after will only prevent your body from continuing to eat away your muscle.(metabolism doesn't just instantly stop).

Thats not totally true, you dont always lose strength or muscle... It depends how much weight youre trying to cut, if its within 15 or 20 lbs, even a lil more, than you wont lose strength or muscle, as long as you keep lifting hard, and keep your protein intake up, but you still have to run alot and do alot of cardio, run after your workouts no matter what as running will stimulate your muscles before you lift and its not good, running after you lift and taking protein after is what helps me keep my strength while i cut weight, and also I take NO Xplode man, I know you said no supplements but the **** will keep you going through your workout and help you to cut that weight and keep power! If you dont like supps cuz of all the caffiene and sugars and **** they put in it well than try Jack3d its a preworkout like NO-Xplode without all the filler in it more natural, and its about 15 bucks less. Will do you wonders bro im tellin you!

Comment

Originally posted by hateinyaeyes32 View Post
        Thats not totally true, you dont always lose strength or muscle... It depends how much weight youre trying to cut, if its within 15 or 20 lbs, even a lil more, than you wont lose strength or muscle, as long as you keep lifting hard, and keep your protein intake up, but you still have to run alot and do alot of cardio, run after your workouts no matter what as running will stimulate your muscles before you lift and its not good, running after you lift and taking protein after is what helps me keep my strength while i cut weight, and also I take NO Xplode man, I know you said no supplements but the **** will keep you going through your workout and help you to cut that weight and keep power! If you dont like supps cuz of all the caffiene and sugars and **** they put in it well than try Jack3d its a preworkout like NO-Xplode without all the filler in it more natural, and its about 15 bucks less. Will do you wonders bro im tellin you!
        my roommate takes the NO Xplode and i tryed it one day just to see whatsup up...but all it made me do is feel really tweeked, it even made me nauseus one day. Its just not for me. I have no problem pushing myself through workouts because ive played numerous sports in my life and training has always been a part of my life. So coaches have hammered into my head how to push myself haha.

I appreciate the prior advice though. See the last few times i started cutting weight i didnt keep the protein up and it definently showed by me losing strength and mass. I was hoping there was a way to minimize the loss.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post

thanks for the tips. I figured i would be losing some strength but i really just want to minimize it.

I really shouldnt have used the term cut weight because im really just trying to lose body fat while keeping my muscle.

But your advice still rings true about the cardio. I really do need to start running a bit more since i cut back during the winter. thats why i got the beer gut i have now haha

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
            my roommate takes the NO Xplode and i tryed it one day just to see whatsup up...but all it made me do is feel really tweeked, it even made me nauseus one day. Its just not for me. I have no problem pushing myself through workouts because ive played numerous sports in my life and training has always been a part of my life. So coaches have hammered into my head how to push myself haha.

I appreciate the prior advice though. See the last few times i started cutting weight i didnt keep the protein up and it definently showed by me losing strength and mass. I was hoping there was a way to minimize the loss.
            thats good, yeah some people supps have different effects on, alotta my buddies told me the same thing they dont like it some do some dont, **** keeps me going, i always go hard without it even too ive always been able to, but this stuff just keeps me going for even longer

Comment

Working...
            X