Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy shit. This place would shut down if you guys didn't have something to cry about.

Seriously, boo-hoo'ing because there's not enough promotion? This fight is HUGE. Enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
      How many commercials do you see for the Super Bowl? You don't need a commercial/conference telling you the date and the time... You just tune in on the day it's tradition at this point.

Same with Floyd fighting in May and people,tuning in for this fight. There's really no promo needed.
      Poor comparison....boxing matches have always been promoted. Super bowl is shown for free on public tv, this is not. Super bowl also draws a lot more viewers since it is free. Even super bowls have promotions in the host city....maybe not tv commercials much but definitely local festivities. The trust will probably buy the ppv. ..the casuals may not.
      Last edited by HeGotPacProblem; 03-03-2015, 08:27 AM.

Comment

this is a pathetic complaint IMO. Other than regular fans being priced out (which is what Floyd fans unwittingly wanted after years of bashing Bob Arum wanting to build an outdoor venue or host it at a higher capacity arena) no one should care if this fight isnt being promoted. they have 8 weeks to train and the fighters need not waste time gallivanting around the country giving the same lame answers to the same lame questions

and yes, it was Floyd who was on insistent on May 2nd, so blame him if you must

Comment

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
          This reminds me of what some actors do. If they are ashamed and not proud of a movie they did. Or they are upset because they were forced to do a certain movie or because the movie was awful they will usually not participate in its promotion. An actor will not do interviews, go on shows, talk about the film, etc. It's the actors way of saying he wants nor part of this particular film.

This is what Mayweather is doing.
          You're neglecting to mention Floyd tried to make this fight happen when it really mattered.

He gave up after the othe side decided to play the waiting game.

Now, the other side is getting what they begged, errr... asked for and can't turn back.

This fight would've taken place 5 years ago and the promo for it would've been at its peak.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
            Holy shit. This place would shut down if you guys didn't have something to cry about.

Seriously, boo-hoo'ing because there's not enough promotion? This fight is HUGE. Enjoy it.
            come on john it is a slow day at the office, even Floyd's daughter is a fair game.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
                I know I will probably get a lot of crap for this, but I am going to put it out there anyway. All big fights have a press tour and multiple press conferences with both fighters. When announcing any fight, especially one of this magnitude the announcement is staged and its a big deal, but why did none of this happen with the Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight?

I find that the way this fight is being done is very odd. Virtually, the fighters and promoters are not promoting this fight. And the excuse that it is a big fight and everyone wants it so there is no point to promoting is not an adequate reason. Every big fight gets promoted, and yes fights just as big and just as popular as this one. De La Hoya vs Trinidad, Tyson vs Lewis, Chavez vs Whitaker and that is just to name a few. The promotion is part of the fight experience.

And the fact that the general public is being shutout of it. No tickets available to the general public, no public access to the press conferences is just insane and unjustifiable!

The reason why there is no press tour, no 24/7 or all Access, no Face-Off, only 2 Press conferences, and O promotion for this fight, and that is the strangest thing to happen for a big fight, is because Mayweather did not want this fight. He was forced into it by Les Moonves, Showtime,Haymon, and most important of all, the public.

I believe the restrictions on the fight is Mayweather's way of throwing a tantrum. He is angry at the fact that he has been dictated to and forced into this fight. He is angry at the public for the way we have treated him and shamed him into this fight. So Mayweather, basically says "ok, I will fight, but I will not participate in any promotions, press conferences, tv shows, etc." Since he is mad at the public he is punishing the public by not allowing public access to the limited press conferences and press tours being made. He is also not allowing tickets available to the general public.

I believe all this is Mayweather's way of throwing a tantrum and showing his anger for being forced into fighting Manny Pacquiao. Just remember, Even though Mayweather has been forced into the fight he still was able to make all the demands and dictate all the terms of the contracts (probably thinking Pacquiao would not accept them) so this whole mess is his creation, it is his way of thumbing his nose to the public.
                Also Mayweather has been executive producer of All Access/24/7 an it would not have been able to negotiate who has creative control over who says what. Freddie Roach and Just Fortune would want to shout their mouths off about Mayweather camp's blatant ducking. The lack of build up is damage limitation on Floyd's part so he doesn't get made to look any worse than he already does.

Comment

Originally posted by Philantro View Post
                  Hahahahaha TBE! TBE! TBE!

Comment

Working...
                  X