Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This rare particular type of fight needs little promotion as its been talked about in virtually all media for approximately 5 years now.

It's a promoter's dream fight because its sold itself to the public.

The All Access/May-Pac 24/7 episodes will be all that's needed to draw attention to the PPV.

Advertisers have lined up for years to market their products for this event.

Comment

Originally posted by Psylence83 View Post
      Also the fact in got announced fairly late....8 weeks till fight. Would dig into training time really.
      Did you ever thought about it?

Arum and Pac on record that they already agree to all Floyd's demand as early as last week of Jan I think.

They even gave an ultimatum date because Arum said time is running out for Promotion.

only Espinoza keep saying no contract, negotiations going on etc..

Anyways here are my tin foil hat take on this.

Most say it will be announce Superbowl - that big of an audience will surely be a good idea to announce - nope did not happen

and then NBA all star - good idea for announcing the fight - nope did not happen

then the launch of the so called apps - nope did not happen

Last was Floyd Birthday - yup seems logical - nope of all nope

it was announced 2 days before his birthday what is so significant on that date that it was announced on that very day?

Few days earlier Floyd's interview on NBA all star he said nobody signed the contract and the negotiation was only an speculation, he was shooting the fight down and few days later announced the fight. weird really

got any idea?

Comment

This reminds me of what some actors do. If they are ashamed and not proud of a movie they did. Or they are upset because they were forced to do a certain movie or because the movie was awful they will usually not participate in its promotion. An actor will not do interviews, go on shows, talk about the film, etc. It's the actors way of saying he wants nor part of this particular film.

This is what Mayweather is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
          I know I will probably get a lot of crap for this, but I am going to put it out there anyway. All big fights have a press tour and multiple press conferences with both fighters. When announcing any fight, especially one of this magnitude the announcement is staged and its a big deal, but why did none of this happen with the Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight?

I find that the way this fight is being done is very odd. Virtually, the fighters and promoters are not promoting this fight. And the excuse that it is a big fight and everyone wants it so there is no point to promoting is not an adequate reason. Every big fight gets promoted, and yes fights just as big and just as popular as this one. De La Hoya vs Trinidad, Tyson vs Lewis, Chavez vs Whitaker and that is just to name a few. The promotion is part of the fight experience.

And the fact that the general public is being shutout of it. No tickets available to the general public, no public access to the press conferences is just insane and unjustifiable!

The reason why there is no press tour, no 24/7 or all Access, no Face-Off, only 2 Press conferences, and O promotion for this fight, and that is the strangest thing to happen for a big fight, is because Mayweather did not want this fight. He was forced into it by Les Moonves, Showtime,Haymon, and most important of all, the public.

I believe the restrictions on the fight is Mayweather's way of throwing a tantrum. He is angry at the fact that he has been dictated to and forced into this fight. He is angry at the public for the way we have treated him and shamed him into this fight. So Mayweather, basically says "ok, I will fight, but I will not participate in any promotions, press conferences, tv shows, etc." Since he is mad at the public he is punishing the public by not allowing public access to the limited press conferences and press tours being made. He is also not allowing tickets available to the general public.

I believe all this is Mayweather's way of throwing a tantrum and showing his anger for being forced into fighting Manny Pacquiao. Just remember, Even though Mayweather has been forced into the fight he still was able to make all the demands and dictate all the terms of the contracts (probably thinking Pacquiao would not accept them) so this whole mess is his creation, it is his way of thumbing his nose to the public.
          Blame Floyd for waiting a long time for a decision to fight Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by PR13 View Post
            Blame Floyd for waiting a long time for a decision to fight Manny.
            It is not just Floyd took a long time to make the decision, did you know that TMT promotion is the lead promoter for this fight? Imagine that

Comment

A private press conference closed to the general public is crazy. Why would they do that? Maybe I haven't been paying close enough attention to other fights but I don't recall closed press conferences for other fights.

And if there will be no 24/7 show and no All Access show and no Max Kellerman Faceoff then I'm very disappointed. All of that material would have been part of the history. It's not just promoting the fight - it's creating history. Very unfortunate.
              Last edited by JulianQ; 03-03-2015, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JulianQ View Post
                A private press conference closed to the general public is crazy. Why would they do that? Maybe I haven't been paying close enough attention to otter fights but I don't recall closed press conferences for other fights.

And if there will be no 24/7 show and no All Access show and no Max Kellerman Faceoff then I'm very disappointed. All of that material would have been part of the history. It's not just promoting the fight - it's creating history. Very unfortunate.
                all that because that's how Floyd wants it.

Comment

How many commercials do you see for the Super Bowl? You don't need a commercial/conference telling you the date and the time... You just tune in on the day it's tradition at this point.

Same with Floyd fighting in May and people,tuning in for this fight. There's really no promo needed.

Comment

Lest we forget.

Pac fans - why is may 2nd so important? this fight is so big and so anticipated that it would sell on its own any given day

Floyd fans - May 2nd is Floyd's date ever since, it should be on this day to maximize the profit

now:

Pac fans _________ fill here

Floyd fans _________ fill here

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
                      How many commercials do you see for the Super Bowl? You don't need a commercial/conference telling you the date and the time... You just tune in on the day it's tradition at this point.

Same with Floyd fighting in May and people,tuning in for this fight. There's really no promo needed.
                      or is it because TMT promotion is the lead promoter and they don't have any idea how to handle the kind of magnitude this event brings? did they bite more than they could chew?

Comment

Working...
                      X