Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG can't afford to play the waiting game with Canelo.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree as well.

Canelo has a good 6-10 prime years left depending on how he ages and what kind of wear and tear he has to deal with.

Golovkin on the other hand has only about 2-3 years left realistically before he shows signs of aging.

Comment

No matter what GGG agrees or doesn't agree to, the fight is still a year away.

Comment

Yes he can because the purse he will get against Canelo will likely exceed the total amount of money he will make combined for the rest of his career. That's why they don't have that "take less, beat the man, become the man" mentality.

They understand that this will probably be the biggest, most lucrative fight of his boxing career and want to get the most out of it they can.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Sharp View Post
          Agreed.

GGG missed out on so many fights. Pavlik, Martinez, Pirog, Sturm... If he doesn't get the Canelo fight, I don't think we'll ever know how good he really is.
          Jacobs fight will be decent

Comment

But he will like he always has

Comment

https://twitter.com/Ant_Dgk/status/777630056558452736

Comment

I agree 100%

Comment

I'm honestly over it. I think Golovkin shod get that last strap since he is determined to do it and that's fine then move up to smw and fight the best champion there at the time then move on to lhw if possible and fight whoever the man is there. By then he should be ready to hang them up and he probably will have aloss or two by then but so what.

Comment

I don't think they're gonna wait anymore than Sept 2017... Fight Jacobs and hopefully Saunders then Canelo..if not, just break Hopkins record then move on up for the Jack/Degale winner then Ramirez...undisputed champ in 2 divisions sounds pretty legit to me...

Comment

Originally posted by Nachos Nacho View Post
                      Canelo just turned 26 while GGG is turning 35. Golovkin already on the verge of decline while Canelo is just entering his prime. Right now I would still pick G to destroy Canelo, but with every day that passes the gap gets smaller. In another year and a half and with the judges in Oscar's pocket, who knows?

Golovkin's team needs to just take whatever offer that Canelo gives them and run with it. Beat Canelo, become the man, and then you can call all the shots afterwards!

What Golovkin's team can't afford to do is try and play hardball and let this fight drag on, which is exactly what Oscar and Canelo's team wants. Time is on Canelo's side, and Golovkin needs this fight more than Canelo.

GGG team needs to make this fight happen within the next year no matter what.
                      One issue, power is one of the last things to lose when it comes to age.

Sorry, Canelo will get creamed

Comment

Working...
                      X