Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Louis Biopic "Movie" to be made.... Finally!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Scorcese doe. Plus Foxx does have Ray and Django Unchained.

What I hope he pulls off is Tyson's voice with the "th" and all.
    Jamie Foxx had a few good movies that I liked even though I hate him.

I'll give the Tyson movie a shot, and I hope it's good. All hate aside, I still have a hard time taking Foxx seriously in a Tyson role. I'm afraid he'll come off as more of parody of satirical version of Tyson. I'm afraid the movie will look like an old In Living Color episode.

I liked the HBO Tyson movie that came a long time ago. The guy that played Spawn did a pretty good job as Tyson imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
      Jamie Foxx had a few good movies that I liked even though I hate him.

I'll give the Tyson movie a shot, and I hope it's good. All hate aside, I still have a hard time taking Foxx seriously in a Tyson role. I'm afraid he'll come off as more of parody of satirical version of Tyson. I'm afraid the movie will look like an old In Living Color episode.

I liked the HBO Tyson movie that came a long time ago. The guy that played Spawn did a pretty good job as Tyson imo.
      Oh yeah I remember that, Michael J White. That movie didn't really take off though. Scorcese will probably make it really good. I sat down thinking the other day, when was the last movie I saw of Scorcese, that sucked. I couldn't remember. I don't think I ever have, but I haven't seen his entire career though so he could have some low rated one's from back in the day.

Comment

How come there aren't that many films of the old past Black greats? Even Mickey Ward has a movie based on him. Marciano, Cinderalla Man, Jake LaMotta, a fictional character Rocky Balboa, another fictional character Billy Hope. Has Ali been the only African American boxing great with a movie based on him(and also a movie playing himself)? And Creed the fictional character.

How about crazy figures of boxing like Mike Tyson? That would be so interesting. Joe Louis too, he has an interesting story behind him. Jack Johnson would also be a very controversial character to make a movie about. A while ago I saw Jamie Foxx talking about a Mike Tyson movie he was gonna do, starring him as Tyson. I wonder how that's going now. It was supposedly going to be directed by Martin Scorcese according to Foxx himself, which you know would have been epic with Scorcese's history. The writers of Boardwalk Empire/Wolf of Wall Street were preparing the script for the Tyson movie. I really hope it comes out. With Scorcese's name attached to it, you know it would be big.
        Hurricane carter

Comment

How come there aren't that many films of the old past Black greats? Even Mickey Ward has a movie based on him. Marciano, Cinderalla Man, Jake LaMotta, a fictional character Rocky Balboa, another fictional character Billy Hope. Has Ali been the only African American boxing great with a movie based on him(and also a movie playing himself)? And Creed the fictional character.

How about crazy figures of boxing like Mike Tyson? That would be so interesting. Joe Louis too, he has an interesting story behind him. Jack Johnson would also be a very controversial character to make a movie about. A while ago I saw Jamie Foxx talking about a Mike Tyson movie he was gonna do, starring him as Tyson. I wonder how that's going now. It was supposedly going to be directed by Martin Scorcese according to Foxx himself, which you know would have been epic with Scorcese's history. The writers of Boardwalk Empire/Wolf of Wall Street were preparing the script for the Tyson movie. I really hope it comes out. With Scorcese's name attached to it, you know it would be big.
          they made a movie about jack johnson the early 70's it was called the great white hope

Comment

Working...
          X