Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experienced boxers please help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I'm not ****ing on you, but I hope your not delusional enough to think your gonna be going for world titles,?

You got the right attitude, but you havnt been to a proper boxing gym, you will find it very different going into a fight/spar with lads who have been training all their lives, who can throw a proper punch,and pick you off without even trying.

Those bad habits are going to be very very difficult to shake, compared to someone who it's been conditioned into from a young age.

DONT make boxing your main income,or the its all I have kinda thing. Do it as best you can,learn what you can, and aim for national title,that's the golden gloves in the states I think. Once you get their, then you can start thinking seriously. Trust me...boxing don't give a fck about you, so try not to keep it as your only bi.tch so to speak

Comment

Originally posted by stephenmc View Post
      Cruel.....But good advice.

18 with not much of base boxing wise is 2 late be chasing that kind of dream,the most it will come to is a few medals in the amateurs.

I understand people on here giving advice, but you can't give advice to everyone and make kids think they are gonna be superstar boxers,they go into a gym and say they have experience cause a few lads on the forums said their good, they get thrown in with a boxer who's been boxing since their around 7-8 or younger and get smashed.

Everyone can't be a star, and kids can't be disillusioned into thinking they can make money from boxing.
      Get a trade,a real job, if you like boxing do the best you can, people want to give advice work away,

but just remember the kid you tell who can't throw a punch properly,who's footwork is all over the place,who's chin is up in the air with no defence,
      That same kid is going to think he can make money from boxing,go down to a gym,get smashed in numerous times, until they eventually realize they can't,and will find it hard to find work.

This isn't the 20s anymore, boxing is a lot more choosy of who it picks to make money,and besides all that, nowadays a good as in European Olympic,world class amateur good,is the only real route into paid professional boxing.
      I don't really care about money. Fighting has developed me as a person and given me a feeling I don't get other places, I like fighting more than I like money. So I don't know that I'll be running into that problem. I have a trade. I've been in construction and carpentry since I was 16. But I just love fighting and if I don't fight I'm going to die just older. I'm just trying to get better.

Comment

Also at the top of my head earner shavers and sonny Liston both started boxing after Or at the age of 18. I respect what you said though, it's natural to worry about health and I have no delusions of what I'm capable of.

Comment

Now I'm not ****ing on you, but I hope your not delusional enough to think your gonna be going for world titles,?

You got the right attitude, but you havnt been to a proper boxing gym, you will find it very different going into a fight/spar with lads who have been training all their lives, who can throw a proper punch,and pick you off without even trying.

Those bad habits are going to be very very difficult to shake, compared to someone who it's been conditioned into from a young age.

DONT make boxing your main income,or the its all I have kinda thing. Do it as best you can,learn what you can, and aim for national title,that's the golden gloves in the states I think. Once you get their, then you can start thinking seriously. Trust me...boxing don't give a fck about you, so try not to keep it as your only bi.tch so to speak
          Thank you. I hear you loud and clear. But the underground fight game gives less of a **** so I'm used to that. But your right

Comment

Originally posted by LewJenkins View Post
            Thank you. I hear you loud and clear. But the underground fight game gives less of a **** so I'm used to that. But your right
            Stop dude. You're not doing any underground fights. If you did your face would be mashed and you would be missing teeth. Your punches are horrible. If there ever was such a thing as underground fights, you sure as shiht wouldn't be advertising it on the biggest boxing site on Earth with a link to your face on YouTube. I used to work with a dude in a stock room who said he was a Ninja and did underground fights lol.

If you get into boxing for real you're going to get hurt badly. I've seen guys like you in the gym and the end up sparked on their back. Stick with the carpentry or better get, plumbing or an electrician, better money.

You're gong to end up like this "Underground Fighter"

Comment

you can say whatever you want I have no reason to lie and I've lost almost all of them I'm not johnny badass and it wasn't any fight club **** but It was unsanctioned no weight class fighting with betting in a storage closet call it whatever you want

Comment

Cruel.....But good advice.

18 with not much of base boxing wise is 2 late be chasing that kind of dream,the most it will come to is a few medals in the amateurs.

I understand people on here giving advice, but you can't give advice to everyone and make kids think they are gonna be superstar boxers,they go into a gym and say they have experience cause a few lads on the forums said their good, they get thrown in with a boxer who's been boxing since their around 7-8 or younger and get smashed.

Everyone can't be a star, and kids can't be disillusioned into thinking they can make money from boxing.
                Get a trade,a real job, if you like boxing do the best you can, people want to give advice work away,

but just remember the kid you tell who can't throw a punch properly,who's footwork is all over the place,who's chin is up in the air with no defence,
                That same kid is going to think he can make money from boxing,go down to a gym,get smashed in numerous times, until they eventually realize they can't,and will find it hard to find work.

This isn't the 20s anymore, boxing is a lot more choosy of who it picks to make money,and besides all that, nowadays a good as in European Olympic,world class amateur good,is the only real route into paid professional boxing.
                Bit harsh Stephen. I think you always have some sound good technical knowledge but remember most guys in a gym only have a fist full of AM fights. Most guys I know know they ain't gonna be world champ. They just love boxing and after hitting the bags and mitts and doing some sparring start to think 'I wonder how good I really am?' So chose to have a match (not necessarily carded but on a local fight promo)

I think this guy realises he isn't Lomachenko but just after a few pointers

Remember if you didn't have people of all abilities and physical numbers coming through the door, the sport doesn't get the exposure, money, recognition it deserves to allow it to evolve

No beef here mate, just think the kid was after a few tips not looking for Joe Gallagher to take him under his wing

Comment

Why the hostility against the OP?, he likes boxing so i'm pretty sure he knows what the consequences of boxing are. I know i would really hate my guts if i were to get old and never ever have boxed in my life, it doesn't mean that OP wants to become a world champ. To me it sounds like he wants to test himself in the boxing world and see how he'll do and i don't see nothing wrong with that. If he really is terrible at it he'll find out soon enough don't you think?

Comment

Working...
                  X