No announcement yet.

A little throwback quote from Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    Incredible isn't it? This thread got damn near 9 pages now I think? Them boys come out like ants to a sugar party.

ANYONE DOE!

So, GGG was all about action while Ward was caught up in court and with shoulder problems? Didn't GGG also try to drain him to 164?

I wasn't aware Ward was a Haymon fighter? Weird... I need to catch up with my boxing.
    They stun me with their refusal to let facts get in the way of their fandom.

It's actually kinda touching on some base and moronic level...

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      They switch stance on that as and when it fits their agenda.

They also forget to mention that GGG never said he would only fight Ward at 164 and he never "demanded" 164 in any negotiations. All Golovkin said was that 50/50 money and weight would be fair, when asked about it by a reporter.
      “The fight is No.1, not for money, not for business,” Golovkin said. “I want the fight. My focus is 160. This is my goal to hold all the belts. Andre, I don’t understand if he’s 168 or 175. I don’t know. He works at 168. I’m 160. I think [fighting in the] middle is very correct, not 160, not 168. 164 is very correctly. Like 50-50, 50-50 money. Maybe he [Ward] has more people a long time ago, two, three years ago. Right now, he’s new. People forget him. This is true. He’s a great champion. For me it doesn’t matter [if he tries to win a super middleweight title]. For me, it’s 160. For big fight, it doesn’t matter. I’ll go to 164, 168.”
      https://www.sports news24.com/boxing-mma/golovkin-insists-andre-ward-must-fight-him-at-164/

Are they using fake quotes then?

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
        They stun me with their refusal to let facts get in the way of their fandom.

It's actually kinda touching on some base and moronic level...
        Apparently GGG never asked for 164 lbs but the quotes are all over the place.

Comment

https://www.sports news24.com/boxing-mma/golovkin-insists-andre-ward-must-fight-him-at-164/

Are they using fake quotes then?
          And they are actually up in arms because GBP has made Lil g A BETTER MONETARY OFFER for a Canelo fight than that clownish contract they were throwing at Ward a year and a half ago...

If that catchweight doesn't say (no, yell!) "I dont want to fight you, Andre!" I don't know what else to say...

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
            He fought Rodriguez at 168 in November 2013 so did he send that offer to Golovkin in the latter part of 2016 while getting ready for Kovalev??

For the record I don't have an issue with Golovkin declining the offer but I'm just interested in your attempts to needlessly exaggerate.
            If there's no need for me to exaggerate then why are you making a big deal about it?

If Ward had been offering to fight GGG straight away, it would be easier to keep track of the timing.. but he didn't want to fight him straight away, he wanted to do it 12/18 months down the road from when the offer was sent.

Happy now?

Comment

“GGG is now clearly the ‘A’ side yet Ward still would want to dictate terms, which makes no sense,” Loeffler said. “GGG would fight Ward on a 50-50 basis, the best 160-pounder versus the best 168-pounder (at) 164 (and) a 50-50 split on all proceeds. But it seems like Ward needs more tune-up fights.”
              This is the same guy who later came around saying they never said 164. I am now convinced that all these fanboys are actually accounts that belong to Loeffler.

Comment

And they are actually up in arms because GBP has made Lil g A BETTER MONETARY OFFER for a Canelo fight than that clownish contract they were throwing at Ward a year and a half ago...

If that catchweight doesn't say (no, yell!) "I dont want to fight you, Andre!" I don't know what else to say...
                They were willing to go higher for Chavez and Froch but not Ward? I don't get it. Oh wait, yea I do. We all know what's going on here.

Comment

What clownish offer are you talking about there?

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    164 for Ward meant he wasn't on the radar. If the B sider off BET is that much bigger to make a CW impossible, he shouldn't be looking so far down to revive his career.

Brook was a late stand-in, whose promoter brought a career high money and Uk ppv exposure. Boxers don't pass on that cause it's too easy
                    Proving my point once again, there's always an excuse!!

I hope you weren't criticising Floyd or Pac for any catchweight fights seeing as the Star Power gap between them and their opponents was way bigger than anything you could ever prove between Ward and Golovkin. So by your logic it's okay for any catchweight as long as the opponent is off radar..... loool

Yeah Brook is easy money for Golovkin, Khan was easy money for Canelo..... Bellew is easy money for Haye. Those are all mismatch fights that should not be happening. Of course No boxer passes on easy money so by your logic mismatches are okay as long as it's lucrative. Gotchya!

Comment

They were willing to go higher for Chavez and Froch but not Ward? I don't get it. Oh wait, yea I do. We all know what's going on here.
                      We do indeed. It's called trolling. Have fun, suckers!

Comment

Working...
                      X