No announcement yet.

question about situps

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about situps

ive recently started working out and trying to get in shape. but i dont really know if theres is a proper amount of situps i should be doing or if it even matters. i do 100 in the morning when i get home from work. and 100 before i go into work at night...ive been doing that everyday. but how often should i do it. should i take a day to give them a break or something? i wanna try to start doing more as i keep doing them but i dont wanna like over do it. thanks for any info.

Originally posted by aristotlemoses View Post
    ive recently started working out and trying to get in shape. but i dont really know if theres is a proper amount of situps i should be doing or if it even matters. i do 100 in the morning when i get home from work. and 100 before i go into work at night...ive been doing that everyday. but how often should i do it. should i take a day to give them a break or something? i wanna try to start doing more as i keep doing them but i dont wanna like over do it. thanks for any info.
    I do the jacknife thing where you make like a v with your body so your hands and feet meet in the air.
    I think you should just do as many as you feel comfortable with, if you feel tight the following day then you had a good workout.
    I'm no expert though so....

Comment

/

dont do that many theres no point , your ovbisously doing them wrong,

when doing your sit ups , fucus entirely on your stomach muscels lifing you up, dont use momentum and swing your self up or use back muscels,
      go all the way down and do them slow and properly,

that way you wont do any where near 300 or whatever your doing,

do them every two days aswell, to heal, take plenty of protein, btw this alone wont give you abs if thats what your after its all about diet!

btw you should feel sore aching stomach muscels the next day if you were doing that many properly,

Comment

Yea it doesn't matter how many sit-ups you do if you don't do the right one's or if you have bad form. What matters is the quality of the sit-ups. The V-up a.k.a. Jack knife mentioned above is a great move.

If you want some other moves that really kill you, I have a bunch of ab exercises on my website. You don't have to do all of them, but I recommend the V-ups, Oblique V-ups, Bicycles, Core Twists and Plank.

You don't have to do a lot, but you have to do them right.

Check em out www.extreme-fitness-now.com/6-pack-abs.html

Comment

I was reading throw the threads about weight training and explosive strength and thought the consensus is lower reps for more power. Why do so many boxers do so many reps for abs though? wouldnt it be better to do lower reps of harder exercises rather than do hundreds of situps? I do my ab work slowly with constant tension without that many reps

Comment

correction should be reading through not throw...

Comment

Working...
            X