Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Porter Remains Focused, Plans To Wait For Keith Thurman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Porter Remains Focused, Plans To Wait For Keith Thurman

The never ending saga between welterweights Keith Thurman and Shawn Porter will drag on a bit longer. The long-awaited match-up - which was supposed to take place on March 12th at the Mohegan Sun - was scrapped after Thurman suffered injuries in an auto accident. It's not clear just when this fight will be re-scheduled.

[Click Here To Read More]

big mistake IMO. like the article says, broner already on his second fight since losing to porter

Comment

Great pic, BS:

That's a one hell of a staredown. :box2:

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
        Great pic, BS:

That's a one hell of a staredown. :box2:
        Reminds me of my aunt and uncle during christmas dinner over the last drumstick

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
          Reminds me of my aunt and uncle during christmas dinner over the last drumstick
          lolol I was going to make a food reference too

Comment

stupid move. Why wait on somebody whos a nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR KOVALEV! View Post
              stupid move. Why wait on somebody whos a nobody.
              probably the biggest payday of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                probably the biggest payday of his career.
                True but still thats a long time to be on ice for both of them, especially for porter since he doesnt have to and can take another fight but I suspect they think this is their only time to make the fight and if they let him out of their sight they probably wont get it again and sure they think they catching thurman at the right time.

I dont think much of thurman but his power is enough to defeat almost all at welterweight I dont see anyone with the skills to shutdown thurman with their boxing (welter just has names not much highlevel skills) so they will have to fight him and the fighter that can beat thurman is an explosive inside fighter with a chin which porter is.

Comment

Porter in an exhibition match? Against who?

Comment

It says that Porter is taking on an exhibition fight, so at least he will get some in the ring experience between now and whenever the fight gets rescheduled. I suspect they will try to drag it out for another year hoping that Porter just moves on. Hymen hates Porter because he knows he can upset the applecart. If Thurman were to fight and lose to him, it would destroy his 147 "monster" and then he'd have to count on Garcia who is a loss waiting to happen.

Comment

Working...
                    X