Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo-Golovkin Third in Ticket Sales in Boxing History ($27M)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Passion Dean View Post
    Chavez fight did more PPV buys, and Canelo has sold out the Alamo Dome and Houston Astros Baseball sadium vs Trout and Kirkland. GGG had very little to do with the numbers. He's just not a draw. As hard as people try to skew the number, the actual numbers don't lie.
    Don't be biased bro! So you're saying the 350k Canelo did vs Angulo or Lara is all he gets?

Takes 2 to tango and when you face the best? the people will buy it.. GGG doesn't have any drawing power because he's not a **** talker and he's got a weak promoter..

Now lets hope the rematch happens and we watch another great fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      ??? No sht! You do know what "Canelo Fans" do right??? They ROOT for Canelo! Why would a Canelo fan root for the other guy???
      Lol they never root for Canelo in other fights. They arent fans. Soon as he fights GGG they are massive supporters. Why? Because they hate GGG, not because they like Canelo. These same posters were talking chit when Canelo fought Mayweather. FACT

Comment

I don't know whether it was just watching the fight on the big screen theater PPV, but that arena looks huge. Been to 1200 seaters and the crowd was loud as he!!. I can just imagine when the crowd is fired up there, it must sound like an apocalypse.

Comment

For those that feel May-Mac took buys from GGG-Canelo: It would really be messed up if FMJ announced 3 months before the GGG-Canelo rematch that he was fighting Mac again but this time in the cage .
          If you believe FMJ's fight took buys from Canelo then, if FMJ really announced something like that, the GGG rematch would be a definite PPV flop.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
            But Golovkin is no draw, Golovkin should have accepted a flat fee doe...

Robbie assh0le.
            The PPV sold 97k more than Canelo-Chavez.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
              "Joshua is a bigger star than canelo tho"- haters
              He's definitely a bigger star. No doubt in my mind josh is bigger in the uk than canelo is in either Mexico or American. Aj has more social media followers that's usually an indication of how big a star someone is.

Canelo will generate more money obviously due to the cost of American ppv events and tickets but as far as fame goes Joshua is a bigger name. You can't open a magazine or newspaper without seeing his face. I doubt that's the same with canelo in either America or Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by ox805er View Post
                Don't be biased bro! So you're saying the 350k Canelo did vs Angulo or Lara is all he gets?

Takes 2 to tango and when you face the best? the people will buy it.. GGG doesn't have any drawing power because he's not a **** talker and he's got a weak promoter..

Now lets hope the rematch happens and we watch another great fight!
                Weak promoter? K2 might be number 3 in the sport. Tom Loeffler is one of the most respected guys in the business. Yeah Canelo did 350k vs a tomato can, and a guy who's so boring to watch in Lara he'll put people to sleep.

GGG drew less than 200k vs two guys who are legit KO threats just like him. People say everyone loves the knock outs. Well, they probably do, but apparently not enough to buy GGG's fights.

I'm not being biased, it's just the truth. The numbers don't lie

Comment

None of the two fighters is American and none of them even speaks English (GGG tries but... come on!)

So that's a HUGE achievement IMHO.

Like I've mentioned before, reverse the roles, if Canelo was American and 100% English fluent and Maywether Jr. wasn't American and spoke no English at all, I'm pretty sure the one with all the sales records would easily be Canelo, because he doesn't fight like a coward, he is way more fan-friendly than that hugger-runner-pot-shotting trickster.

Comment

great numbers, they better give us the rematch or even a trilogy...

Comment

Originally posted by Passion Dean View Post
                      Weak promoter? K2 might be number 3 in the sport. Tom Loeffler is one of the most respected guys in the business. Yeah Canelo did 350k vs a tomato can, and a guy who's so boring to watch in Lara he'll put people to sleep.

GGG drew less than 200k vs two guys who are legit KO threats just like him. People say everyone loves the knock outs. Well, they probably do, but apparently not enough to buy GGG's fights.

I'm not being biased, it's just the truth. The numbers don't lie
                      My point exactly.. GP is building Canelo into being the best.. K2 is holding GGG out for big paydays.. instead of taking some financial hits to get him some decent opposition. Canelo and GBP just think he's the top PPV star at the moment, which could be true, so they're just milking the cow.

Or your telling me that the 3rd biggest promotional company can't get the BEST middleweight a decent fight? i mean Haymon can get Garcia, Salka on mainstream tv? do you see it?

Comment

Working...
                      X