No announcement yet.

Demetrius Andrade vs some Thai guy announced in Thailand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
    Can't wait for this guy's contract to run out so he can sign with Haymon and finally get his career on track.
    He can sign with Haymon now, nothing stopping him. Haymon is an adviser afterall

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
      He can sign with Haymon now, nothing stopping him. Haymon is an adviser afterall
      He said in a recent interview at a PBC event he can't sign with Haymon yet. I'm just going by what he said himself.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        I wonder how much he's getting paid; I hope at least the amount he turned down against Charlo
        Not even close. He was going to get around $300k for Charlo, there's no money behind this fight. No tv, small crowd. I'm guessing maybe $50k-$70k. This fight is about making a title defense or lose his title.

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
        who the hell is managing this guys career?
        His dad. Together they're driving their Banner promotions crazy.

Comment

So he lost to Jesus Chavez at 130 in 2003 and then spent the next 12 years building his record to 84-2 against dozens of nobodies, and now it finally paid off. Long-term planning ftw I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
            Is it a title defense?
            Ranked #8 by the WBO, so it's likely a voluntary defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
              Not even close. He was going to get around $300k for Charlo, there's no money behind this fight. No tv, small crowd. I'm guessing maybe $50k-$70k. This fight is about making a title defense or lose his title.

Well, time to fire dad lol

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                Hope the hell not. Heard rumors he was trying to sign with Haymon as well, but no clue how true that is. Anyways this is exactly why he should of took the Charlo fight and the Korobov fight. Such a waste of talent in his prime.
                ... Andrade is only 27 years of age, seems to stay in good shape even when not fighting, and there hasn't been any real talk about him abusing his body in any type of way. Would hold off a bit with the "waste of talent in his prime" talk.

The next move will depend on who ends up broadcasting the fight; if the fights ends up on PBC or Showtime, Andrade simply uses this fight to knock off the rust before positioning for better opportunities going forward.

If the fight ends up on HBO (or simply being off of TV), the future isn't looking all that good.

Comment

That is embarrassing if it is true and I know it won't be for much money and it will likely be off TV. This is the Landscape of Boxing right now. If you're not with PBC or don't have a exclusive contracts with HBO...You're Fuked! Even Arum seems to be effected by the changes that is going on in boxing.

Andrade will suffer because he is not with either so this fight probably won't even be Televised. Can't go back to Friday Night Fights because that is gone it is kinda depressing actually. So Andrade will have to pick a side and find a way to get on the RIGHT TEAM. I would love to see him on PBC because that is where all the talent is in his Division. Would love to see Julian Williams vs Andrade in the future. Also against the Charlo brothers and maybe even Lara.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post

I don't think any network is gonna pick this up.... like at all....
                    Banner might turn to Haymon or some ish

Comment

Andrate seldom fights anybody good.

Comment

Working...
                      X