No announcement yet.

Thurman Beats Crawford Easily... stylistic nightmare

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
    EXACTLY about his style similar to Khan's.

answer me a question, has Khan ever been outboxed?

there you go. he's the worst stylistic match up for technicians like Kotelnik, Barrera, Judah and Malinaggi.

Thurman is a stylistic nightmare for the smaller technician like Crawford.
    he's been ko'd multiple times when people figured him out. garcias a technician and only took a couple roudns to figure him out. canelos a technician and only took a couple roudns to figure him out. he also lost a decision when peterson figured him out. he also should have lost to algeiri who figured him out. i dont get the fascination with khans amazing boxing. malignaggi...kotelnik? these arent really amazing fighters are they? maidana was his best win and that was a very close fight.

thurman is better than khan of course but then again crawford is better than everyone khan fought. i just see a guy in thurman with no real strategy and who jumps in with fast punches and yes if you cant adjust you are in trouble because he will do the same thing over and over to you and you will have no answer. crawford is great at adjusting and to fast fighters like gamboa and lundy. he will find the holes in thurmans wide but fast punches.

Comment

I think Crawford would outbox thurman (rather easily in the latter rounds too) once he figures him out. The only real question is can TC take a punch from a big punching WW like thurman.

If so, then I think he can also run through most of that division as well.

Comment

TC beat Gamboa who is legally a midget and he turned out to be a bum.

who's the other one?

Thurman has proven he has KO power at WW. Has TC?
        TC has KOd a world class fighter in Gmaboa, maybe his size would count against him I have certainly mentioned it in the past but he has certainly KOd top level light welters who were young and hungry. They werent neccessarily world class names. Like I said "maybe 2"...could say Diaz...possibly someone like Dulorme or Jean.

Thurman at welterweight couldn't stop the likes of Guerrero, old man Bundu (a domestic circuit fighter lol) and obviously zero world class opponents (Porter and DG). So what do you mean by "he has powerr at 147"? The guy couldnt even crack a middle aged man, you think his power is going to be problems for a prime, world class fighter like TC?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          he's been ko'd multiple times when people figured him out. garcias a technician and only took a couple roudns to figure him out. canelos a technician and only took a couple roudns to figure him out. he also lost a decision when peterson figured him out. he also should have lost to algeiri who figured him out. i dont get the fascination with khans amazing boxing. malignaggi...kotelnik? these arent really amazing fighters are they? maidana was his best win and that was a very close fight.

thurman is better than khan of course but then again crawford is better than everyone khan fought. i just see a guy in thurman with no real strategy and who jumps in with fast punches and yes if you cant adjust you are in trouble because he will do the same thing over and over to you and you will have no answer. crawford is great at adjusting and to fast fighters like gamboa and lundy. he will find the holes in thurmans wide but fast punches.

so you just admitted the only way to beat a guy like Khan is to knock him out.

What happens if you can't knock him out? You're losing a UD.

Period.

Crawford is not knocking Thurman out. He couldn't drop a midget that stood in front of him all fight.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            TC has KOd a world class fighter in Gmaboa, maybe his size would count against him I have certainly mentioned it in the past but he has certainly KOd top level light welters who were young and hungry. They werent neccessarily world class names. Like I said "maybe 2"...could say Diaz...possibly someone like Dulorme or Jean.

Thurman at welterweight couldn't stop the likes of Guerrero, old man Bundu (a domestic circuit fighter lol) and obviously zero world class opponents (Porter and DG). So what do you mean by "he has powerr at 147"? The guy couldnt even crack a middle aged man, you think his power is going to be problems for a prime, world class fighter like TC?

So you bigging up Diaz now? Gamboa and Diaz are both bums.

just LMAO

Gamboa just got stopped by a .500 journeyman.

Comment

First off, Diaz is no bum. LMAO at even saying that. He's an olympic gold medalist who should have been undefeated.

Crawford beat an olympic gold medalist from the southpaw stance

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
                I think Crawford would outbox thurman (rather easily in the latter rounds too) once he figures him out. The only real question is can TC take a punch from a big punching WW like thurman.

If so, then I think he can also run through most of that division as well.

there's nothing to figure out about Thurman's style. it's a style of athleticism.

you either match his footspeed like Porter did to track him down...get EXTREMELY AGGRESSIVE... or you get outboxed/KOed. That extreme aggression will cost you too cus you're going to get hit hard with counters. Crawford is a walker.

he does not have that kind of footspeed.

Comment

there's nothing to figure out about Thurman's style. it's a style of athleticism.

you either match his footspeed like Porter did to track him down...get EXTREMELY AGGRESSIVE... or you get outboxed/KOed.
                  Thats so not true. You sound like a dummy.

Are you saying Crawford isnt athletic?

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
                    Thats so not true. You sound like a dummy.

Are you saying Crawford isnt athletic?

not to Thurman's level. especially in the footspeed department.

Comment

so you just admitted the only way to beat a guy like Khan is to knock him out.

What happens if you can't knock him out? You're losing a UD.

Period.

Crawford is not knocking Thurman out. He couldn't drop a midget that stood in front of him all fight.
                      when did i admit that? did you not read the part where peterson beat him? algieri was robbed? the guys that knocked him out were on their way to beating him but they just happened to knock him out so that doesn't count because he was ko'd before he could lose a decision? thats laughable.

khan lost 5 roudns to maidana, 7 to peterson and 7 to algeiri. stop pretending hes an amazing boxer.

diaz is defensively sound though. thurman is not. and you just created your own straw man of crawford has to knock out thumran in order to win. no he doesnt. dont do that crap. thats what happened in ward kovalev and when ward surivived they gave him the fight because everyone said kovalev needed a knockout to win even though he outboxed the crap outta him. dont create self fulfilling prophecies. thurman is a good fightter but i see him losing. no shame in that. all the greats have lost. loma, baldomir, etc..
                      Last edited by daggum; 05-22-2017, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X