Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitali was always the better of the two

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on the style of opponent. Vitali would do much better against brawlers, Wlad against technical fighters. Overall i would say Vitali was better though simply because of the chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrsantiago View Post
      Tbh Vitali quit against a smaller fighter a former super welterweight while my man Wlad destroyed that same fighter. It makes me wonder lol. But l definitely like Vitali he means business in there. While Wlad looks like Amir Khan aka bambi in there at times. Lol
      When were wlad and vitaly fighting super welterweights?

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
        I agree. Vitali was flat out scary in there.

However, Wlad definitely accomplished more. It's too bad he had the injuries.
        The one that chris byrd made quit on his stool was the scary one.

Comment

Vitality has better chin and tougher but sometimes there is more to it. So can't just say he's better.

Comment

Better fighter - yes
            Better boxer - nah..

Comment

Slightly less power, but yes? He was the better fighter, he had a ability to throw endless combinations, and his lean back style made him difficult to fight! Wladimir Kiltschko had more punching power, and with single shots? was Faster!

Comment

Vitali is a could of, should of, would of fighter who frankly gets overrated based on what other than wishful thinking? Sure ain't his resume.

He was stopped by the two best fighters he fought and never beat anybody close to being great.

Wladimir fought the best of the era whilst Vitali was feasting on journeymen and guys who never had any business at HW like Sosnowski, a tiny af Adamek and so on.
                Wladimir has probably 10-15 wins better than anything Vitali has.

He may not have the chin Vitali had but he has the resume, speed, power, athleticism, coordination, fundamentals and reflexes Vitali lacked.

I like Vitali but he gets super overrated based on nothing more than a spirited losing effort vs an old Lewis
                He's a bit like Tyson in the sense he beat nobody out of the ordinary, he lost everytime he stepped up and still he's talked about like he's unbeatable.
                Last edited by dan_cov; 06-09-2017, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  Vitali is a could of, should of, would of fighter who frankly gets overrated based on what other than wishful thinking? Sure ain't his resume.

He was stopped by the two best fighters he fought and never beat anybody close to being great.

Wladimir fought the best of the era whilst Vitali was feasting on journeymen and guys who never had any business at HW like Sosnowski, a tiny af Adamek and so on.
                  Wladimir has probably 10-15 wins better than anything Vitali has.

He may not have the chin Vitali had but he has the resume, speed, power, athleticism, coordination, fundamentals and reflexes Vitali lacked.

I like Vitali but he gets super overrated based on nothing more than a spirited losing effort vs an old Lewis
                  He's a bit like Tyson in the sense he beat nobody out of the ordinary, he lost everytime he stepped up and still he's talked about like he's unbeatable.
                  Losing effort? He was ahead on all three scorecards (and my own). He obviously could have kept going, too.

Against Chris Byrd, he was injured despite dominating the fight. He never truly got stopped, ever. Not sure why you trying to phrase it like he lost in a dominating fashion.

He has plenty of good wons. Nothing huge but he fought a lot of guys who were at their peak and looking good still.

Comment

What are Vitalis top 5 wins? I havent evaluated his pre retirement career yet, but his post retirement career was paper thin (peter was ok).

I would say joshua, wilder, povetkin, ortiz and wladimir would look as dominant against the likes of sosnowski, charr, johnson, briggs and arreola.

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
                      Losing effort? He was ahead on all three scorecards (and my own). He obviously could have kept going, too.

Against Chris Byrd, he was injured despite dominating the fight. He never truly got stopped, ever. Not sure why you trying to phrase it like he lost in a dominating fashion.

He has plenty of good wons. Nothing huge but he fought a lot of guys who were at their peak and looking good still.

Yes, losing effort that's exactly what it was. Doesn't matter who was ahead at the time its a 12 round fight.
                      He was injured vs Lewis too right? Lol. he lost and if we're totally honest this supposed tough brother quit vs Byrd, I've never seen Wladimir quit - The brother who supposedly lacks heart.

Like who? His best wins are probably Sanders and a very old JC Gomez who was a far better CW than he was HW - Far from his peak. Peter who little bro had already decisively beaten.

He was a decent HW but plagued with injuries and fought the weak links whilst Wladimir fought the killers and cleaned up. The two times he stepped up he got stopped. He lost to the two best fighters he shared a ring with, his resume is very thin therefore claiming he's this head-to-head great and all this that fans do is nothing but a baseless opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X