No announcement yet.

Korobov is a good fight for Charlo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
    He fought at 175 i think and was looking to fight at 168.

He's basically gonna kill himself to get down to Middleweight on a weeks notice. He'll probably be a dead man walking before getting in the ring.
    I've seen this posted everywhere. This is false. He had a fight already scheduled at MW on the undercard of the charlo monroe jr fight. He'll be in shape.

Comment

Boxrec ranks Monroe the 20th best middleweight in the world and they rank Korobov the 54th best middleweight in the world. If Jermall fought a legit top 10 middleweight that would be a good fight. Somehow Haymon made him a champion without ever fighting a top 10 world rated middleweight. Jermall will probably knock this new cherry pick out and look good doing it. Then he will once again scream that Canelo and GGG are afraid to fight him. Jacobs isn't afraid to fight Jermall and he told him so.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
        All of you are sleeping on Matt big time. I'm not saying he's gonna win, but he's a much better fighter than Monroe jr. He was winning every single rd against lee until he was caught. His best win is against José Uzcátegui who is the 168 lb IBF champ who stopped direll. This fight won't be short notice either as matt was preparing for a fight on the undercard so he will be in shape. Very interested to see this fight. It's his best opponent by far. Here he is on the mitts. Looking good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chDPMN1w9bg
        I agree with you. Not the best but at least better than a Monroe fight. Hopefully he's able to take Jermall's punches.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          Boxrec ranks Monroe the 20th best middleweight in the world and they rank Korobov the 54th best middleweight in the world. If Jermall fought a legit top 10 middleweight that would be a good fight. Somehow Haymon made him a champion without ever fighting a top 10 world rated middleweight. Jermall will probably knock this new cherry pick out and look good doing it. Then he will once again scream that Canelo and GGG are afraid to fight him. Jacobs isn't afraid to fight Jermall and he told him so.
          54th best lhw, not mw. I already told you that, man. Boxrec doesn't mean anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
            54th best lhw, not mw. I already told you that, man. Boxrec doesn't mean anything.
            Agreed. Other than a fighter's record, I never look for boxing info there.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
              Agreed. Other than a fighter's record, I never look for boxing info there.
              Jeff Horn is in the top ten in their Middleweight rankings.

Anyway, does anybody remember if Korobov was an alternate for the 168 WBSS?

Comment

So what is his ranking at mw or doesn't he have one?

Comment

Uzcategui must have been green as hell back then

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
                    So what is his ranking at mw or doesn't he have one?
                    The way the middleweight division sucks right now, I could be convinced he's top 10. I'd give him a good chance against GGG.

Comment

Jeff Horn is in the top ten in their Middleweight rankings.

Anyway, does anybody remember if Korobov was an alternate for the 168 WBSS?
                      Don't know. Somebody here must know.

Comment

Working...
                      X