Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr: $1 Million Fine For Every Pound I'm Over With Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    It was 10 million dollars per pound.

And Floyd agreed to it.
    Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
    i almost felt sorry for pac. pac tards had no shame.
    I never had a problem with weight penalties.

If you can't make the weight, don't take the fight. It's disrespectful for a fighter to come in ABOVE the agreed upon weight, but some fighters don't have respect (JCC). Chavez has come in above weight at least 4 times (probably more), blew off post-fight drug tests, and has used marijuana during training camps.

**** Chavez. He deserves a very stiff penalty if he can't make the agreed upon weight. If you can't make the weight, don't take the fight.

Mayweather was a boss and he didn't cry about the penalty. Manny, on the other hand, needed 5 years to grow enough balls for drug testing and STILL showed up with BACNE at 37 years old

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
      Keep in mind that in Floyds last fight before that against Marquez he decided to not adhere to the agreed upon catch weight and just pay JMM off to get an advantage. They were worried he would do the same to Pac so the penalty was heavier. Doubt he was going to as it was the full 147 but they wanted it in there and he had no problem agreeing to it at that point.
      They weren't worried for ****.

They were just trying to pull their weight in the negotiations.

Floyd missed 144. Everyone knows he has zero chance of missing weight at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        On May 6th, Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez (48-1-1, 34 KOs) will face Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (49-2-1, 32 KOs) in a showdown of Mexican stars. For weeks the two sides were negotiating the terms and finally reached an agreement on Friday. The fight will be carried by HBO Pay-Per-View, and the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas or AT&T Stadium in Texas will play host.
        [Click Here To Read More]

it is completely Chavez' fault that he has no leverage with Canelo

shoulda been more active, and more professional

but props to Chavez for making concessions that Golovkin was unwilling to make

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
          I never had a problem with weight penalties.

If you can't make the weight, don't take the fight. It's disrespectful for a fighter to come in ABOVE the agreed upon weight
          , but some fighters don't have respect (JCC). Chavez has come in above weight at least 4 times (probably more), blew off post-fight drug tests, and has used marijuana during training camps.

**** Chavez. He deserves a very stiff penalty if he can't make the agreed upon weight. If you can't make the weight, don't take the fight.

Mayweather was a boss and he didn't cry about the penalty. Manny, on the other hand, needed 5 years to grow enough balls for drug testing and STILL showed up with BACNE at 37 years old

I agree

if you are going to participate in these type of exhibition matches, you still need to play by the rules

Chavez actually got off lightly

Pac demanded an unheard of 3.5mil, per-pound-or-part-thereof, for Hoya..... which was simply to ensure that the weight stipulation had it's desired effect

Pacquiao then demanded 10mil, per-pound-or-part-thereof, for Mayweather..... who has never missed weight once, and who's style would not benefit from carrying any additional weight

and to the posters who reply saying " Marquez "..... nope..... Mayweather renegotiated the contract 2 weeks before the fight netting Marquez an additional 600k

Comment

exactly

which is why Mayweather did not hesitate to agree/sign

he was never going to miss weight

Comment

No they were legit concerned that he would try and gain an advantage and come in heavier.
              The penalty may have been them trying to swing their dicks around and show an upper hand in negotions I will give you that. But they were quoted multiple times thinking that Floyd would try and get any advantage he could after the way Pac handled Cotto in 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                I agree

if you are going to participate in these type of exhibition matches, you still need to play by the rules

Chavez actually got off lightly

Pac demanded an unheard of 3.5mil, per-pound-or-part-thereof, for Hoya..... which was simply to ensure that the weight stipulation had it's desired effect

Pacquiao then demanded 10mil, per-pound-or-part-thereof, for Mayweather..... who has never missed weight once, and who's style would not benefit from carrying any additional weight

and to the posters who reply saying " Marquez "..... nope..... Mayweather renegotiated the contract 2 weeks before the fight netting Marquez an additional 600k
                he didnt renegotiate s hit he came in 2 pounds over the limit of 144lbs
                Refused to weight him self again and opted to pay marquez 300,000 per pound he was over...google it....

Comment

I'm hoping someone puts up a line on Chavez making weight cuz I'll bet heavily on him making weight...I'd also bet heavily on him coming up dirty in the days or weeks after the fight. In fact if this fight has pre-fight testing I won't be surprised if this fight doesn't even happen cuz Junior comes up dirty in late March or some sh^t like that.

Comment

I don't think the weight really matters anyway.

Chavez Jr. can come in at 180 and he's still going to get his ass beat all over the ring by Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                      No they were legit concerned that he would try and gain an advantage and come in heavier.
                      The penalty may have been them trying to swing their dicks around and show an upper hand in negotions I will give you that. But they were quoted multiple times thinking that Floyd would try and get any advantage he could after the way Pac handled Cotto in 2009.
                      Bull****.

Floyd did nothing to suggest he would miss weight at 147 and they knew full well there's no way that he would miss 147.

Comment

Working...
                      X