Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he got it from his father.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
      how he speaks and what he says are unequally unimpressive. He's unbelievably boring. In contrast someone like Sergio Martinez had a way with words and held your attention. Guys like morales, margarito, maidana, Martinez, are charismatic. Someone like canelo makes me want to fall asleep. ironically reminds me of how boring cotto is, possibly even more so
      Lmfao! I always suspected he was boring. My native language isn't English either, so even if I don't know any Spanish, I do know however how charisma sounds in any langiage. He says the usual, standard, boring asz media friendly ****. At least that's what I've gathered from the translations.

Comment

dude speaks in cliches...boring as fuc/k, but he was the rigth build, the right skill, the right age at the right time.....americans seem to be in love with the guy now though......he has been seen as a bit of a joke in Mexico since he failed to win a round vs Mayweather....Showtime's biased call in that fight helped preserve his reputation in the states...

Comment

Originally posted by DionysusX View Post
          Lmfao! I always suspected he was boring. My native language isn't English either, so even if I don't know any Spanish, I do know however how charisma sounds in any langiage. He says the usual, standard, boring asz media friendly ****. At least that's what I've gathered from the translations.
          Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
          dude speaks in cliches...boring as fuc/k, but he was the rigth build, the right skill, the right age at the right time.....americans seem to be in love with the guy now though......he has been seen as a bit of a joke in Mexico since he failed to win a round vs Mayweather....Showtime's biased call in that fight helped preserve his reputation in the states...
          Yeah, he's not very articulate or intelligent which is why he sticks to the same boring script. He's a peasant.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
            I've seen charismatic used to describe him before.

WHat makes him compelling to you?

I haven't seen it yet. He's a good fighter with the expression of an angry c*nt at least 50% of the time.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing as cheesy smiley foos aren't seen as alpha, which is crucial for a sport that demands hard azzes
            Only his promoters call him charismatic. Mexicans like him cos he's mexicans and they have no other fighter to get behind.

But the man can fight.

Comment

Yeah, he's not very articulate or intelligent which is why he sticks to the same boring script. He's a peasant.
              Lmfaooooooo!! Being a peasant is no excuse. Chavez Jr comes from boxing royalty and he's a useless sack of ****.

Saul needs to pull a Brock Lesnar and speak through somebody far more charismatic. Have a hovering father figure like Chris Eubank to do all the talking, while Saul scowls and grunts.

Comment

how he speaks and what he says are unequally unimpressive. He's unbelievably boring. In contrast someone like Sergio Martinez had a way with words and held your attention. Guys like morales, margarito, maidana, Martinez, are charismatic. Someone like canelo makes me want to fall asleep. ironically reminds me of how boring cotto is, possibly even more so
                I agree, he's a total bore with no charisma. Plus he's ugly, not sure why the media labeles him as some boxing stud like young De La Hoya.

Comment

Canelo? Charisma?

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                    Is this true? I've only ever read/heard praise from Mexicans, but admittedly, the only info I get is from English boxing forums and sites, so I'd love to know how he's viewed in Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by DionysusX View Post
                      Lmfaooooooo!! Being a peasant is no excuse. Chavez Jr comes from boxing royalty and he's a useless sack of ****.

Saul needs to pull a Brock Lesnar and speak through somebody far more charismatic. Have a hovering father figure like Chris Eubank to do all the talking, while Saul scowls and grunts.
                      Lol That would be hilarious. It would definitely make him more interesting.

Comment

Working...
                      X