Greatest Offensive Boxer Ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many great names I would add

Pryor
    Liston primarily for his ability as a finisher.
    Greb if nobody mentioned the Pittsburgh windmill

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      Liston primarily for his ability as a finisher.
      Gomez immediataly sprung to mind when you mentioned finisher, actually forgot about him which is unforgivable, never seen someone turn into such an animal once he had his man hurt. His name should be up there as well, too many, maybe better if people try and give a list of top 10 or so then try and discuss. Just an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
        Let me put Jose Napoles name down, perfect blend of offense and defense. I feel Marquez deserves some kind of mention, seen as a counter puncher but his offense on the rebound and his combinations were incredible to watch, both of them are poetry in motion.
        Idiot, don't even bring Marqez, a forking counterpuncher, into the discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeMoney View Post
          What boxer had the best offense ever?

However you define it, whether on completeness (has to be well rounded) or they can have holes in their game but are compensated by greatness elsewhere (great power and combos but average jab). You can focus on skill alone or let athleticism play a role. Focus on their peak, or whole career- up to you.

All I hope for is you show your work (explain why). Interested to read differing thoughts.

Robinson
          Armstrong
          Louis
          Gomez
          Williams
          Arguello
          Golovkin

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
            Idiot, don't even bring Marqez, a forking counterpuncher, into the discussion.
            Did you read the full post or just get to Marquez's name then feel the need to insult and pretend you're superior ?.

Some constructive post you made right there, sure added to the discussion with this pathetic **** and sure aided this "discussion" which is just people throwing out names and not adding much more.

****ing demick.

Edit: Looking back you haven't actually added anything to the thread and you just came in here to insult, grade A poster, good reminder of how poor the history section is these days.

Comment

Gomez immediataly sprung to mind when you mentioned finisher, actually forgot about him which is unforgivable, never seen someone turn into such an animal once he had his man hurt. His name should be up there as well, too many, maybe better if people try and give a list of top 10 or so then try and discuss. Just an idea.
              Gomez had a great offense but I would say Olivares’ overall arsenal was better as was his one shot power.

That’s an all-time fantasy fight if ever there were one.

Comment

I totally agree. It is hard there is always "that guy" who you just go "Ohhh! yeah!!! why did I forget him!!?"

Comment

hearns
                  louis
                  robinson
                  duran

Comment

Did you read the full post or just get to Marquez's name then feel the need to insult and pretend you're superior ?.

Some constructive post you made right there, sure added to the discussion with this pathetic **** and sure aided this "discussion" which is just people throwing out names and not adding much more.

****ing demick.

Edit: Looking back you haven't actually added anything to the thread and you just came in here to insult, grade A poster, good reminder of how poor the history section is these days.
                    You are a halfwit. It's well known. Anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                      You are a halfwit. It's well known. Anything else?
                      Something to add to this discussion maybe ?, the very thing you tried to troll me about but have yet to add anything but braindead nonsense, try to pull me for mentioning Marquez because he's a "focking counter puncher" when in the post you quoted me on I said he's obviously a counter puncher and gave my reason for why I wanted to mention him.

Solid comeback by the way, you really shown me.

Comment

Working...
                      X