Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Vasyl Lomachenko ever become greater than Floyd Mayweather Jr with a loss?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C- trolling

And if all you cats who talk about atg and p4p and bs fantasy sh^t like that all died tomorrow I'd miss some of you dummies, but it'd be a fair trade off to not have to see all this child bs about atg and p4p.

Comment

Sure it's possible. The bigger obstacles are time and availability of quality opposition at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Barrera had a retirement, 62 fights, 4 losses, was 29, and was prime IYO when Manny beat him. Hatton was undefeated, had 43, fights, no retirement, was also 29, but wasn't prime IYO when Floyd beat him.

Yeah dude, you are gerrymandering. Just let your biases go and evaluate everyone with the same standard.
        Barrera had 3 losses FYI. His "retirement" was all of, what 6 months? He was near enough to his prime. He was consistently dominating at that point and then proved himself worthy with his signature career win the following year.

Oh, and Barrera was so much better than Hatton that goes without saying. Was that version of Hatton better than the Hearns that Hagler beat since Hatton had the "0"? Was Alexis Arguello never better than Hatton since he already had 4 losses by the time he got his first title?

Hatton's "prime" is irrelevant because he was not in Barrera's class. Hatton moved up to 147 where he sucked (real record should be 0-3), Barrera established himself as a great fighter at the weight he was defeated by Pacquaio.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Pretty sure that Bob Arum put Lomachenko in their with Salido in an attempt to grab a belt of an aging past it name and it backfired.

If anything the politics would have been with Lomachenko in that scenario.
          Nope bob arum gets favors sure but the commission wasn’t having it, and I like how you didn’t even score the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
            Barrera had 3 losses FYI. His "retirement" was all of, what 6 months? He was near enough to his prime. He was consistently dominating at that point and then proved himself worthy with his signature career win the following year.

Oh, and Barrera was so much better than Hatton that goes without saying. Was that version of Hatton better than the Hearns that Hagler beat since Hatton had the "0"? Was Alexis Arguello never better than Hatton since he already had 4 losses by the time he got his first title?

Hatton's "prime" is irrelevant because he was not in Barrera's class. Hatton moved up to 147 where he sucked (real record should be 0-3), Barrera established himself as a great fighter at the weight he was defeated by Pacquaio.
            Yes only 3, Manny was the 4th, my mistake. The retirement was a year.

We are not debating who was better, but your definition of prime. Please don't deflect and pivot to something else. It's clear your definition of prime has been gerrymandered to fit your argument.

All I ask is you hold all to the same standard.

edit: so now that I show how you gerrymander things, you say prime doesn't matter, when your argument has been Floyd didn't defeat a prime top tier opponent.

Come on CJS.
            Last edited by The Big Dunn; 01-18-2018, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Yes only 3, Manny was the 4th, my mistake. The retirement was a year.

We are not debating who was better, but your definition of prime. Please don't deflect and pivot to something else. It's clear your definition of prime has been gerrymandered to fit your argument.

All I ask is you hold all to the same standard.

edit: so now that I show how you gerrymander things, you say prime doesn't matter, when your argument has been Floyd didn't defeat a prime top tier opponent.

Come on CJS.
              No. My argument has always been he's never defeated a great fighter in or near their prime. I have said multiple times he beat multiple top tier opponents in or near their primes. You may have me confused there. I rate Castillo II as a top tier prime opponent and perhaps best win.

Comment

Anyone that believes that a fighter with a loss can't be "better" overall than someone who is undefeated is a ******ed casual.

As far as I see it, Loma is already better than Floyd. Loma's amateur record: 396-1. Floyd's amateur record: 84-8.

Floyd also never won a world title as early into his career as Loma did; I never saw the kind of footwork from Mayweather that I've seen from Loma. He never beat a fighter mentally so badly that they quit on their stool, let alone four of them in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                  Nope bob arum gets favors sure but the commission wasn’t having it, and I like how you didn’t even score the fight.
                  The comission has no horse in the race.

If it's politics you are worried about then Bob Arum is pulling the strings in this scenario and his horse is Lomachenko.

I scored it a draw.

Comment

He is nowhere close to Mayweather and is about to be 30....what is he going to do to get close to Mayweather??? lets get real here

Comment

At 30 Mayweather was a 5 division champion and lineal in 3..

Comment

Working...
                      X