Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: The Fight is at 155, Why So Much Concern About 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Left2theliver View Post
    I should've been more specific, I meant in a non-title fight. I think that if it's going to be for a belt, then there should be no weight limit. I mean, I get why Canelo does it, but it doesn't make sense to me against someone like Khan. It's not like he's a big guy who'll be cutting down from 175 or something.

Nah bull****, a catchweight has nothing to do with titles.

Nothing whatsoever.

Titles have (rightly or wrongly) been won at catchweight.

Winning on the scales used to be considered a lame b1tch-move.

The lame b1tch-move that Golovkin pulled on Ward, is the exact same lame b1tch-move that Canelo is pulling on Hypekin.

Only the fanboys (conveniently) see it different.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      I was talking about GGG's fan base worldwide, slow boy. Boxing in the US is dying on it's feet because of divas like Canelo and idiots like you who pay through the nose to make them rich while up and coming fighters can't get a break and you are too dumb to realise it even now.

PPV doe ... PPV ...

If boxing is dying in the US, it is likely because sports like MMA feature the best fighting the best, and MMA fans have much higher expectations from their guy.

Imagine if Conor McGregor spent 3 years telling everybody that he can beat anyone from 154-168, but then completely failed to even try.

Imagine if McGregor just made weak excuses to avoid world-class opponents, what would happen then?

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
        Golovkin has more credibility. Canelo is a diva. That's what the world thinks.

I think you must be a fairly stupid individual.

Golovkin has done absolutely nothing..... he promised us the world, and yet, he did absolutely nothing except avoid world-class opponents.

Canelo beat the 4 best JMW's consecutively, against the advice of his promoter, and one of those guys happened to be the very best fighter on the planet.

Hypekin won't even fight Lara, and is completely unproven against world-class opposition.

And yet, you think that Hypekin has more credibility than Canelo LMAO

Every top fighter/trainer is saying the same thing about Golovkin...... that he has fought nobody, and that Ward would have outclassed him.

I think you got that creepy man-love thing going on for Golovkin.

Comment

• The bottom line.....

The lame b1tch-move that Golovkin pulled on Ward, is the exact same lame b1tch-move that Canelo is pulling on Hypekin.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            Oh, it was a " bluff " was it ?

Well, your " bluff " killed the fight, so yea..... that's bull****.

The Cotto/Canelo winner was order to face Golovkin, but Team Hypekin flatly refused to negotiate on the weight, which is why they didn't fight.

So yea..... that's bull****.
            Canelo and ODLH asked for the fight to marinate. So both parties are at fault, not just GGG like you keep claiming. Golovkin thinks he shouldn't bend over for Canelo for the fight to happen and he has a valid point. Just like I don't blame Ward for taking 164, I don't blame GGG for taking 155. It forces them to accept a position they shouldn't have to accept.

Comment

The bottom line.....

Ward was a light heavy trying to fight a MW guy at 168. It was a biatch made move alright, except Ward was the biatch in the mix. And Candela knows he'll get crushed by Lil G which is why he is fighting a 147 pounder at 155 for the belt he is holding hostage.

Comment

Oh, it was a " bluff " was it ?

Well, your " bluff " killed the fight, so yea..... that's bull****.

The Cotto/Canelo winner was order to face Golovkin, but Team Hypekin flatly refused to negotiate on the weight, which is why they didn't fight.

So yea..... that's bull****.
                There should not be any need to negotiate on weight ... the fight didn't happen BECAUSE CANELO REFUSED TO FIGHT.

Comment

The bottom line.....

Which is why I don't get why you are treating GGG any more differently than the dozen of other fighters who have pulled the same stunt, including Manny, Oscar, Ward, Canelo, Cotto, etc.

Bottom line, because GGG followed along, it suddenly becomes wrong and you think it's right to criticize GGG for something you don't harp other fighters about.

Comment

If boxing is dying in the US, it is likely because sports like MMA feature the best fighting the best, and MMA fans have much higher expectations from their guy.

Imagine if Conor McGregor spent 3 years telling everybody that he can beat anyone from 154-168, but then completely failed to even try.

Imagine if McGregor just made weak excuses to avoid world-class opponents, what would happen then?
                    Imagine if I was a boxing fan who didn't give a shit what an over-hyped MMA fighter did or didn't do ...
                    Last edited by kafkod; 03-17-2016, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raonic View Post
                      Which is why I don't get why you are treating GGG any more differently than the dozen of other fighters who have pulled the same stunt, including Manny, Oscar, Ward, Canelo, Cotto, etc.
                      And Mayweather ... don't forget him.

Comment

Working...
                      X