No announcement yet.

Wladmir Klitschko's hydro work out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wladmir Klitschko's hydro work out

I heard Wladmir stopped road work for his training and substituted it with some work outs in the swimming pool.

Does anyone know he he actually does this?

Yea I saw the same thing in one of the videos before the Haye/Klitschko fight. Because of his age and not wanting it to take a toll on his knees he swims instead of going running.

Swimming is actually just as good if not better for conditioning then running.

Comment

maybe he knew how much it was gonna rain in hamburg for the haye fight.

more likely he knew how much haye was gonna be crying in the ring...

Comment

I think he just swims, most likely freestyle and other competitive styles, no breaststroke.

Comment

Originally posted by ChowAce View Post
          Yea I saw the same thing in one of the videos before the Haye/Klitschko fight. Because of his age and not wanting it to take a toll on his knees he swims instead of going running.

Swimming is actually just as good if not better for conditioning then running.
          co-sign. you nailed it)

Comment

Originally posted by Ukr_Alex View Post
            I think he just swims, most likely freestyle and other competitive styles, no breaststroke.
            Why no breastroke?

Has anyone in here ever substituted the road with swimming and became better?How long do you guys swim for?

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
              Why no breastroke?

Has anyone in here ever substituted the road with swimming and became better?How long do you guys swim for?
              Breaststroke is the least energy expelling style of swimming.

Personally I tried, but to be honest, I feel like Im going to die after 200m of freestyle, my cardio is terrible period....when I swim I feel it hard.

think about it, your moving your legs, your twisting your body, moving your arms, keeping your core steady......swimming is one of the most demanding exercises.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukr_Alex View Post
                Breaststroke is the least energy expelling style of swimming.

Personally I tried, but to be honest, I feel like Im going to die after 200m of freestyle, my cardio is terrible period....when I swim I feel it hard.

think about it, your moving your legs, your twisting your body, moving your arms, keeping your core steady......swimming is one of the most demanding exercises.
                I have to agree swimming is a tough exercise but never really thought about it as good cardio because most of the swimmers are just not as ripped.

As for me I can only do maybe 50-100m at a time then will need some rest only to see some people swimming back and forth for 25 minutes non stop.I guess since I have shin splints I might as well take up swimming more often
                Last edited by Jim Tom; 07-19-2011, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
                  Why no breastroke?

I swam for 4 years when I was 9-13. 3 trainings per week, 3 khms is like 1.6m. Now I swim on Mond and Friday + jump-ropes.

Plus with swimming, most of your body muscles work hard, compare when you run.

Comment

I feel like swimming wont build up the leg muscles you need while you run and when you're in the ring. Wladimir isn't exactly a butterfly in there, but it's very smart for him to be easy on his knees at his age

Comment

Working...
                    X