Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin: Chavez Fight Was Boring, Canelo Didn't Want To Finish

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
    This is not even remotely comparable to Martinez/Chavez. I believe Chavez was Martinez's mandatory whereas Canelo chose this fight. Martinez was much older, shorter and overall a smaller fighter smaller than Chaverz Jr. Chavez didn't really have much of a size advantage and was the older fighter. Plus he was a guy with known issues making weight in the passed but was forced to drop down to much lower than he had in years.
    No, Chavez was gifted the WBC belt which they stripped from Martinez. They then tried to avoid Martinez forever.

It was really messed up politics. Martinez wins WBC, WBC names him "Champion Emeritus" and gives away his belt.

Martinez at the time was quoted as saying “I think everything is being done so that Chavez becomes the champion.”

Martinez finally got the chance to fight for his belt back though.

But he entered as the Challenger, and had to take the short money.

Extra trivia and the hard road they made for Martinez, he was also stripped of his WBO middleweight title within a month of winning it from Kelly Pavlik because "No WBO Champion may hold a non-WBO Championship title in a weight class that is different from the weight class of his WBO Championship."

Then there was the fight where Martinez KOed Kermit Cintron and Cintron somehow talked his way into being un knocked out, and wound up with a draw in a fight he completely dominated.

Comment

Look @ his eyelids,Damn!

[IMG][/IMG]
      "He wasnt able to hurt me" ""NO ME PUDO DOLER"
      Last edited by kushking; 05-08-2017, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
        Jacobs is Elite -B figter i give you that
        Jacobs can beat Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
          before the fight I said many times online that Jacobs would expose him not because hes great but because gigi is highly inexperienced vs elite opponents. I also said that the whole point of why I didnt rate gigi highly was because it was impossible to know how good he really was,& that if he ko'd jacobs that I would agree hes the real deal.
          I was one of those people who thought GGG would eventually put Jacobs away. I didn't think it would happen early but I thought if Jacobs didn't surprise him early like Jacobs did against Quillin I thought GGG was steadily beat him down. I felt that way not only because Jacobs chin seemed shaky but also because Jacobs was woefully inexperienced when it came to fighting top tier guys. It was also impossible to know if Jacobs was the real deal. The talent was there but it the only times he was in their with top guys he either got blown out (Pirog) or blew them out before we really took his measure (Quillin). There was a lot of uncertainty around Jacobs. He proved everyone wrong. He is the real deal.

Boxing is like fighting 12 3 min fights, you can outland your opponent over an entire fight & lose if they do it more steadily & u do it in a few rds.
          Yes but Jacobs did not land more steadily. He was outpunched on a round by round basis.

This fight everyone knew was between power punchers w almost equal ko pct. So look at it this way,jacobs outlanded gigi in total power shots & in 8 rds in fight & was out landing him in combos & eye catching shots,while gigi was scared to trade & would shell up as soon as jacobs tried to,& went into headhunting mode w the jab the entire fight.
          Firstly, you don't headhunt with jabs. You jabs with jabs. The point of the jab is to disrupt your opponents offense and set up your own. That's just a semantic point but its valid nonetheless. Secondly, yes both guys were power punchers but this is boxing. This isn't a power punching competition is boxing. Power punching is just one aspect in which they are judged. Jacobs landed more power punches and did so in more rounds but it wasn't by a wide margin. Furthermore, he was the only one to get dropped. And despite saying that he felt he could take GGG's best shots he still spent the majority of the fight moving backwards. Those two things make it seem like to the casual observer and probably the judges that Jacobs' power punching wasn't as effective. Obviously, Jacobs wanted to stick to his team's strategy and not get careless but that decision was likely what cost him the victory in a close fight.
          Yes he landed way more jabs but lets be honest jabs count 4 lil points in a title fight,& lets not forget the ref warned jacobs 4 a rabbit punch but gigi was never warned for countless rabbit punches everytime hed clinch jacobs(& he clinched often). Thats why it was so relieveing to see a ref warn a fighter 4 turning his head & getting rabbit punched in the undercard of this event.
          Lets be honest. There are four main types of punches. Hooks, crosses, uppercuts and jabs. Some people use jabs to just throw something out there. But when you use it correctly it sets up your offense and disrupts your opponents offense. Maybe GGG's jab wasn't as effective as it was in the Lemiuex fight but he wasn't just flicking it out there. There was purpose and force behind his jabs and thus they shouldn't just be casually diminished.
          Because gigi kept turning his face away from jacobs punches & then jacobs was blamed.
          Rabbit punches are debatable and they don't score points. If either guy was throwing rabbit punches they weren't egregous like the low blows Abner Mares threw in the first Abeko fight.
          Look @ the scorecards they gave jacobs later rds he lost & gigi still won by several points,thats a obvious sign they gave gigi most early rds including several he lost then gave jacobs some rds when it didnt matter.
          This is just perspective. You thought he lost those rounds. Other people thought GGG won those rounds. Your opinion is no more correct than anyone else's. The guys who get paid to do it saw it otherwise. Cause even if you thought Jacobs did enough to win those rounds it isn't as if they were waaaaaaay in his favor.

Thats the most obvious sign of judges gifting the favorite the win,its always been that way. Bottom line is that jacobs CLEARLY fought his fight while gigi looked like he wanted it to be over after the 6th,& after the fight his face showed he knew he lost.
          No that's just the most obvious sign that the judges saw things differently than you did. And GGG's face did not look like he knew he lost. He looked like a guy who was in a hard fight.
          Do you seriously believe that gigi won by 3 rds? Im a fan of canelo too,so why would I want to take away luster of canelos potential victory by lieing to myself about what was a comfortable jacobs win.
          I don't think I actually scored it. I started to but then I lost track because I was to interested in the fight itself. I thought GGG won the fight but I thought it was very close. I had him winning most of the early rounds. But I was very nervous before the decision was announced.

Comment

he had 12 rounds to get a human punchbag out of there and he couldnt do it. thought he was meant to be a power puncher? caught chavez bang on the chin repeatedly, yet didnt hurt him once.

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
              I was one of those people who thought GGG would eventually put Jacobs away. I didn't think it would happen early but I thought if Jacobs didn't surprise him early like Jacobs did against Quillin I thought GGG was steadily beat him down. I felt that way not only because Jacobs chin seemed shaky but also because Jacobs was woefully inexperienced when it came to fighting top tier guys. It was also impossible to know if Jacobs was the real deal. The talent was there but it the only times he was in their with top guys he either got blown out (Pirog) or blew them out before we really took his measure (Quillin). There was a lot of uncertainty around Jacobs. He proved everyone wrong. He is the real deal.

Yes but Jacobs did not land more steadily. He was outpunched on a round by round basis.

Firstly, you don't headhunt with jabs. You jabs with jabs. The point of the jab is to disrupt your opponents offense and set up your own. That's just a semantic point but its valid nonetheless. Secondly, yes both guys were power punchers but this is boxing. This isn't a power punching competition is boxing. Power punching is just one aspect in which they are judged. Jacobs landed more power punches and did so in more rounds but it wasn't by a wide margin. Furthermore, he was the only one to get dropped. And despite saying that he felt he could take GGG's best shots he still spent the majority of the fight moving backwards. Those two things make it seem like to the casual observer and probably the judges that Jacobs' power punching wasn't as effective. Obviously, Jacobs wanted to stick to his team's strategy and not get careless but that decision was likely what cost him the victory in a close fight.

Lets be honest. There are four main types of punches. Hooks, crosses, uppercuts and jabs. Some people use jabs to just throw something out there. But when you use it correctly it sets up your offense and disrupts your opponents offense. Maybe GGG's jab wasn't as effective as it was in the Lemiuex fight but he wasn't just flicking it out there. There was purpose and force behind his jabs and thus they shouldn't just be casually diminished.

Rabbit punches are debatable and they don't score points. If either guy was throwing rabbit punches they weren't egregous like the low blows Abner Mares threw in the first Abeko fight.

This is just perspective. You thought he lost those rounds. Other people thought GGG won those rounds. Your opinion is no more correct than anyone else's. The guys who get paid to do it saw it otherwise. Cause even if you thought Jacobs did enough to win those rounds it isn't as if they were waaaaaaay in his favor.

No that's just the most obvious sign that the judges saw things differently than you did. And GGG's face did not look like he knew he lost. He looked like a guy who was in a hard fight.

I don't think I actually scored it. I started to but then I lost track because I was to interested in the fight itself. I thought GGG won the fight but I thought it was very close. I had him winning most of the early rounds. But I was very nervous before the decision was announced.
              I tip my hat to you for at least listing valid reasoning, even though I disagree. I will say one thing though,whether the judges saw it differently,NOBODY can say that g won by 2 rds plus the kd & say their not biased,1 judge @ least didnt give it to gigi by more than 1 point this was a close fight at the very least if you say jocobs lost,the kd shouldve been the difference if your being generous to gigi,but to say he won by 3 points,no way in hell.
              Last edited by kushking; 05-08-2017, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                No, Chavez was gifted the WBC belt which they stripped from Martinez. They then tried to avoid Martinez forever.

It was really messed up politics. Martinez wins WBC, WBC names him "Champion Emeritus" and gives away his belt.

Martinez at the time was quoted as saying “I think everything is being done so that Chavez becomes the champion.”

Extra trivia and the hard road they made for Martinez, he was also stripped of his WBO middleweight title within a month of winning it from Kelly Pavlik because "No WBO Champion may hold a non-WBO Championship title in a weight class that is different from the weight class of his WBO Championship."

Then there was the fight where Martinez KOed Kermit Cintron and Cintron somehow talked his way into being un knocked out, and wound up with a draw in a fight he completely dominated.
                Martinez was stripped because HBO WANTED him to fight someone else.
                http://www.boxingscene.com/sulaiman-...not-wbc--51092

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post

Didn't Cintron get knocked out the ring and then said he hit his head when he fell or some ***** like that.

Comment

Chavez was paid to show up and not upset the Applecart, paid to rob the fans. Even so, you all got a taste of how the diva's power isn't there against larger opponents. GGG will end the charade once and for all.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      Chavez was paid to show up and not upset the Applecart, paid to rob the fans. Even so, you all got a taste of how the diva's power isn't there against larger opponents. GGG will end the charade once and for all.
                      Just one more fantasy you spewed like you do daily,funny how if you add up everything you said before:"canelo will get exposed by lara,trout,kirkland cotto etc." Then afterwards "they were bums & oldmen". I see you on every canelo forum,you sound like an Imbecilic child 24/7, its always dlh a liar cokehead,canelo is lying about everything,he fixes all his fights,hes going to run from gigi for years,then "hell find a way to fake injury" etc. You truly are a lowlife loser. I been telling u many times"what excuse will u make when canelo beats jr & beats gigi in September" to which youd answer"hell never fight him until 2025" "hell weight drain him even then" etc. You were just PROVEN WRONG about everything,& what do you do, come around saying the same idiocy & excuses 4 being dead WRONG! Even when I called u on your bs about canelo never fighting gigi,I told you"so if he beats him in Sept. will that count or did he age him" & u answered like a bltch"yes he waited for him to get older" yes yes yes,its canelos fault gs an old man 9 years older begging 4 a payday,its ALWAYS gbp,dlh,& canelos fault 4 everything,its his fault NO MATTER WHAT.:bukkake:

Your not a boxing fan,your a fan of hating canelo,& worshipping gigi,the truth is you've never wanted them to fight you CLEARLY wished CANELO wouldnt fight gigi,so you can keep using it as supposed proof nelos a coward. @ least when I hate I give clear reasons why I cant stand someone. I think your in love with the idea of gigi being invincible,it makes you feel powerful,you dont want him to ever lose so u dont want him tested. If canelo loses to gigi I WILL SAY GIGI IS the real deal.
                      Last edited by kushking; 05-08-2017, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X