No announcement yet.

today i started boxing and....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
    22 is very old to start, 1 hour is no time at all. Instincts and reflexes have not even begin to form. Takes years.

Maybe they were trying to discourage you??
    I disagree as long as your health permits it no age is too old to box. Thats like saying 30 is too old to learn to play basketball. No your not going to be the next big draw but you can still learn the sport. but is does take yrs to learn

Comment

It was your first time boxing ever and the trainer made you spar against and guy with experience before you even learned the basics?

Sounds like a ****ty trainer and a ****ty gym. You should train atleast a few times before even considering sparring.

Comment

Although I agree with alot of people here about not sparring on your first day,,alot of gyms do, I would say he was testing you, coach's would be sick to death of people who come through the door and the minute the get punched they leave...although I do agree with the basics been shown 1st.

I don't know why people are saying about headgear and gloves tho, maybe a bit OTT for first ever time, but your 22! Your going to be fighting with no headgear and 10oz gloves, so really complaining about that is just ridiculous..the 17 year old should be wearing headgear as he is under 18, but come ooonnnn do you really want to be a fighter?? If your just their to train then say that,and stay away from sparring.

Comment

Working...
        X