Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Couldn't Triple G Land CLEAN?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had Golovkin winning but he looked like a slob. Poor accuracy, slow, mediocre power. That said, he earned many rounds by being persistent and consistent. Canelo threw away a lot of that fight.

Comment

He is what he is a tough, limited, one-dimensional pressure fighter.
      Does that make him a bad fighter? Absolutely not. Make no mistake hes a very good fighter. He has a very effective style but he is not this monster people have labelled him as. People will still claim he is but lets be real if he was he'd of beat the living daylights out of Jacobs & Canelo.

I have always said he is very limited. Even his jab the supposed best in boxing (I strongly suggest you watch some Ward, Gvodyk, Kovalev etc if you believe that ****) is limited. Its a power jab. Its a very good jab it just lacks variety.
      He doesn't stick it to chest or body, he doesn't vary the speed or power, double it up go high-low or know how to bring the hook off of it. He also brings it back to low.
      I think that was his main issue. If he stuck that jab in Canelo's chest he'd of stabilised him.
      350 amateur fights and whatever he has done as a pro in with a guy with great head movement that is making you miss and you don't target the body? Should tell anybody all they need too know about his boxing brain.

I think he was a better boxer in the amateurs before he hooked up with Abel who constantly vvanks over his power and made him fall in love with it. Abel literally wanted to create Frankensteins monster.
      He was more technical in the amateurs. These days he is just a brute that relies on imposing himself and being able to walk through everything to land his power when someone gives him something to think about, a different look he only knows one way and that is to plough forward even more wrecklessly.
      It looks good short term but you put him against better opposition that are more durable, giving different looks and so forth you've got problems.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
        Just re-watched the fight, in 12 rounds, GGG landed 3 flush punches. His work was messy and inaccurate

Canelo landed clean uppercuts, bodyshots, right hands, hooks, combos

Why couldn't GGG land clean, Canelo was on the ropes, there for the taking, he even stood in the pocket,

You GGG fan boys need to STFU and stop crying, if i were a judge i would be awarding the guy doing the clean work, not the guy walking forwards like a human punchbag and only throwing a ****ty jab

Canelo landed the more QUALITY punches in each round
        All ignorance aside golovkin landed very little clean effective punches and that's why I find it hard to give him that many rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          I had Golovkin winning but he looked like a slob. Poor accuracy, slow, mediocre power. That said, he earned many rounds by being persistent and consistent. Canelo threw away a lot of that fight.
          You sum up exactly my thoughts on this fight. I personally thought both guys looked pretty bad all things considered. Don't want these two mentioned in the same breath as Hearns-Hagler anymore. Canelo threw flashy shots but only fought half of the rounds and fatigued while GGG worked constantly but was slow, predictable, and hittable.

Comment

Why couldnt Canelo land clean? GGG was in front of him all night yet a lot of his punches were on GGG's arms/gloves or complete misses. Funny how nobody is talking about that

Comment

difference in coaching philosophy, imo

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
              It was funny seeing it unfold.

Canelo would stand infront of him and make him miss a combination then counter with a combination of his own and ggg just looked completely lost.

He threw very very sloppy punches and his jab was slow and ugly.

But ggg was the guy with over 350 amateur fights and thr gold medalist yet you wudda thought it was the other way around.
              Say what you want, but Eddy/Chepo Reynoso have done a tremendous job in bringing Alvarez along; adding to the style, taking away things, maxing out Canelo for Canelo, utilizing as much experience as possible, etc; Alvarez is 27 years old and still getting better.

Golovkin has been done a disservice, imo, by Abel Sanchez. Golovkin likely had a style from the amateurs, and for his first 20 or so fights, you could see that style being adapted for the pro game.

Abel Sanchez comes in, convinces Golovkin that he needs Abel's style for success, and basically abandons what he'd been developing for "Mexican style" (going through all of those soft touches didn't help).

Golovkin gets put in with love bodies, Abel's style doesn't fit as well as they'd been pushing, and Golovkin is so out of practice with the trips/traps from his amateur/early pro career that he ends up stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                It was funny seeing it unfold.

Canelo would stand infront of him and make him miss a combination then counter with a combination of his own and ggg just looked completely lost.

He threw very very sloppy punches and his jab was slow and ugly.

But ggg was the guy with over 350 amateur fights and thr gold medalist yet you wudda thought it was the other way around.
                Are you seriously saying canelo outboxed ggg with a straight face? It's time to a pick a new sport.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  Don't want these two mentioned in the same breath as Hearns-Hagler anymore.
                  ^Amen to that. Those guys fought before my time and I'm not an old-school defender, but it's clear to see now, these two are not on that level. Never were, never will be.

Comment

Because Canelo has very underrated slickness.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                      Why couldnt Canelo land clean? GGG was in front of him all night yet a lot of his punches were on GGG's arms/gloves or complete misses. Funny how nobody is talking about that
                      Don't know what the hell fight you were watching, but he landed a ton of clean shots.

Comment

Working...
                      X