No announcement yet.

Daniel Dubois: Future HW champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel Dubois: Future HW champion

This guy fights again in October, ramping up the caliber of opponent.

Gatekeeper Kevin Johnson is up next.

For those who don't know the UK scene that well, this kid is a very good up and comer. A threat to any of the current top dogs, in my opinion. Remember the name.

Anthony Yarde is ready to step it up at LH, another good one but needs to get a big fight soon.

Man i honestly think the guy fights like a robot man...stiff as a board

Comment

He's going to inject some excitement into the HW division with his fighting style

Comment

Daniel Dubois recently beat the shit out of Povetkin and floored him in sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by Froch_uppercut View Post
          This guy fights again in October, ramping up the caliber of opponent.

Gatekeeper Kevin Johnson is up next.

For those who don't know the UK scene that well, this kid is a very good up and comer. A threat to any of the current top dogs, in my opinion. Remember the name.

Anthony Yarde is ready to step it up at LH, another good one but needs to get a big fight soon.
          This guy has done what he is supposed to do, which makes him probably part of a set of 10% of professional fighters. In the next phase of the game we can see how he responds when he may get challenged, may show a potential weakness, etc. If he makes it through with smart guys like gatekeepers, he will be in about a 2% category. Some guys just steamroll here as well, and thats ok because the faster one can start beating the cream of the crop, the earlier one can start their true career and reign.

its hard to see how well this guy will do. in that last ko from the utube vid shared on this thread, he showed good understanding of punch extension. Physically he is strong and capable with decent hand speed as well. We need a gut check and a whisker check! The Kingpin might still have enough to do these checks.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
            Daniel Dubois recently beat the shit out of Povetkin and floored him in sparring.
            Supposedly dropped AJ in sparring too.

Throws a nice variety of punches. Has that in close uppercut, goes to the body, and has a heavy, chopping right hand. These days, when an 0 on your record means people write you off (it never used to be that way) there is more caution when bringing a young talent up - it's slower and more cautious. But we saw with AJ if the ability is there and the opportunity comes along they can get themselves in the picture early. I'd like to see that with this kid. Hopefully people can forgive a loss like they used to. Many of the greats had losses and huge wins came afterwards. That was when matchmaking wasn't so ****cing political. Bring back the old days. make boxing great again !!

Comment

Lets be real he has been operating around English title level up till now so we don’t know anything about him yet in regards to world level let alone world honours.

He looks good to me. A bit stiff some might say but I think it’s more like a Joe Louis kind of stiffness. Very strong base with good footwork, always stays in a balanced position to punch from. His lack of speed could make things more difficult as he moves up and fighters see his punches better.

Him and Gorman are on a similar trajectory and would be great to see them fight soon. Gorman has arguably been more impressive so far to me, but he doesn’t have the physique to get the casuals excited so hasn’t had the hype. He certainly has fought the better opposition barring the Johnson matchup.

Both are extremely young so plenty of time. Doubt we see them hitting top level anytime soon

Comment

I actually didn't realize he was that young. He's turning 21 in Sept. Could probably fight for the title in a year or two. Plus he's got the right measurements. He's tall enough, he's got a pretty good reach.

Comment

Just want to clarify something: Lets take two fighters, Fernando Vargas and David Price... The first guy was brought along really carefully and before he fought the best, fought a full career of decent, but unremarkable fighters. The second guy never got a chance to fight up without his opposition knowing his game changing weakness...the tendency to start working as a plumber (looking up at the pipes) when getting hit too hard in the head lol.

If you are a talented new face, like this kid is, you should ask yourself a question: is it better to get up and in the mix asap? or to be brought along slowly? My own opinion is, especially with this crop of guys...I would rather take an L and give a great effort, make sure i am not exposed, than wait fight after fight for the opportunity. This is also where it depends in how well this kid has been taught the science. Can he become really accomplished technically? learn tricks of the trade? Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                    Lets be real he has been operating around English title level up till now so we don’t know anything about him yet in regards to world level let alone world honours.

He looks good to me. A bit stiff some might say but I think it’s more like a Joe Louis kind of stiffness. Very strong base with good footwork, always stays in a balanced position to punch from. His lack of speed could make things more difficult as he moves up and fighters see his punches better.

Him and Gorman are on a similar trajectory and would be great to see them fight soon. Gorman has arguably been more impressive so far to me, but he doesn’t have the physique to get the casuals excited so hasn’t had the hype. He certainly has fought the better opposition barring the Johnson matchup.

Both are extremely young so plenty of time. Doubt we see them hitting top level anytime soon
                    Mate, the whole point of pointing out what you believe is a good prospect is to do so BEFORE they are recognized by everyone.

So yes, I agree- English level etc at the moment, but that’s the point. If you’re gonna flag someone as potentially champ you’re more astute the earlier you do it. You’re not sold on him yet, and I believe he’s going to be a word belt holder in the next 30 months. Let’s see.

Comment

Working...
                    X