Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The reaction to Thurman/Lopez Round 7 exposes CLEAR hypocrisy around here.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
    Pacqiuao - Horn was a close fight.
    Thurman - Lopez was NOT a close fight.
    That's fine, and I actually agree with you, but my point is, cats on NSB swear Pac/Horn was not close BECAUSE of Round 9, which is the only decisive Manny Pacquiao round - that the ref should have stopped it.

Ok, then by my eyes I saw the same performance from Lopez against Thurman, a key round where the other guy is getting beat from pillar to post. Yet it's like, "oh well he wasn't hurt" despite eating NUMEROUS flush shots, way more than Horn, way more damage dished, for way longer. And I was questioning why the ref didn't step in, until I remembered it was Steve Willis.

So why does one round with Manny dominating mean he won a not-close fight (according to NSB) yet one round with Lopez dominating mean he lost in a not-close fight? That's my point. It's inconsistent. It was the same damn circumstance.

The right answer is what it's always been: one round does not and should not decide a fight unless you GET a knockout. Which changes the narrative.

Neither Lopez nor Manny got a knockout. Both needed one. Both lost because they didn't get it, because that was the only way they were going to guarantee a win in their respective fights. It's not even about refs or venues or judges or none of that crap.

But I agree with Lopez that had he been on the other side of that much punishment, it would have been stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      So...Thurman eats flush shots, constantly on the back foot, taking MAJOR damage...and people on here be like

All y'all should be ashamed of yourselves.

You got Manny MF'n Pacquiao who lands LESS flush shots on Jeff Horn in Round 9, and all I heard was "ref should have stopped it" - yet Josesito was beating the living HELL out of Thurman in round seven and it's like "he wasn't hurt"? Even Thurman said he was hurt!

Why didn't people say, "Manny should have closed the show"? Why is Lopez not getting the credit that Manny did for what in my eyes was an equivalent performance against a superior fighter?

This is the problem with some of you. Hypocrites. Inconsistent.
      You've got a right to be completely wrong. It's cool. Think positive: You might be right next time

Comment

Originally posted by Marvlus Marv View Post
        You've got a right to be completely wrong. It's cool. Think positive: You might be right next time
        You don't think Thurman was getting waylayed in Round 7?

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
          He was protecting himself with his legs

Ok, you just got sigged sir.

Comment

That's fine, and I actually agree with you, but my point is, cats on NSB swear Pac/Horn was not close BECAUSE of Round 9, which is the only decisive Manny Pacquiao round - that the ref should have stopped it.

Ok, then by my eyes I saw the same performance from Lopez against Thurman, a key round where the other guy is getting beat from pillar to post. Yet it's like, "oh well he wasn't hurt" despite eating NUMEROUS flush shots, way more than Horn, way more damage dished, for way longer. And I was questioning why the ref didn't step in, until I remembered it was Steve Willis.

So why does one round with Manny dominating mean he won a not-close fight (according to NSB) yet one round with Lopez dominating mean he lost in a not-close fight? That's my point. It's inconsistent. It was the same damn circumstance.

The right answer is what it's always been: one round does not and should not decide a fight unless you GET a knockout. Which changes the narrative.

Neither Lopez nor Manny got a knockout. Both needed one. Both lost because they didn't get it, because that was the only way they were going to guarantee a win in their respective fights. It's not even about refs or venues or judges or none of that crap.

But I agree with Lopez that had he been on the other side of that much punishment, it would have been stopped.
            I can see where you're coming from.

Everyone is going to be biased in favor of the fighter that they like most. I don't think either fight should have been stopped. Horn was hurt but Manny was exhausted and he was missing a lot of huge shots in the ninth. Horn showed in the 10th round that he still had a lot of fight in him.

Comment

ridiculous

would have been an atrocious stoppage

he was defending and avoiding punches

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                ridiculous

would have been an atrocious stoppage

he was defending and avoiding punches
                Yeah.

Comment

You don't think Thurman was getting waylayed in Round 7?
                  Late reply.. Keith was in real trouble and we saw the same thing vs Collazo after the body shot, but come on man, he's the champ and the champ always deserves the chance to ride it out - and to his credit Run Time did justify the ref showing patience in that instance. I respect your opinion even though I disagree coz the ref could easily have saved Run Time from more punishment - which IS the job of the referee, let's face it.

Comment

Keith was still moving the same way he was moving when he knocked Joselito down in the second round.

Moving > Holding

I ****ing hate holding.

Comment

Working...
                    X