Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you properly "Time" your warm ups before...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you properly "Time" your warm ups before...

How do you guys time your warm ups before you walk in the ring to compete? Amatuer level mainly. What is the ideal preperation? Right when you walk in? an hour before you fight? 30 minutes before? warm up right before you fight? like what is the general way of going about things and when is enough, enough? Because obviously you don't want to burn yourself out before you fight. I'm curious on methods of approach.

People do it in a lot of ways. There are two considerations, one being your circulation and getting blood pumping through the muscles you'll be using. Also, getting your heart rate up and stable. Essentially, you don't want your heart rate to suddenly jump, and end up out of breath. Those with insane cardio might start earlier than someone who knows he doesn't have a lot of gas in the tank.

You know how, when you run, you start to hit a stride where the breath comes easily, you feel strong, and you're in a comfortable zone? That's what you're shooting for.

Comment

Get an understanding of time to loosen up from your spar sessions.
      You should be stretching out and shadowing and a few exercises as you prep your lungs and get your mind right.
      "Everything that happens in the gym is for the fight"!

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        Get an understanding of time to loosen up from your spar sessions.
        You should be stretching out and shadowing and a few exercises as you prep your lungs and get your mind right.
        "Everything that happens in the gym is for the fight"!

Ray
        Better as you get older. When I was younger I never loosened up and never had a problem, but as I got older I learned my lesson with injuries.

Comment

Working...
        X